How many people here smoke cigarettes?

Just curious :)

(I usually smoke a couple of cigarettes a day. Trying to reduce the number to one a day)

Fedup&givingup

I used to smoke, but I quit cold turkey. I've always had the capability to just quit things without looking back. Pretty nifty, eh?

Originally posted by Fedup&givingup

Pretty nifty, eh?

Yeah...that WOULD be a nifty characteristic. I have chemical pnemonia with extensive lung damage and STILL can't quit! I smoke at least a pack a day. If I drink beer....then I can smoke two.

Fedup&givingup
Originally posted by Arabess

Yeah...that WOULD be a nifty characteristic. I have chemical pnemonia with extensive lung damage and STILL can't quit! I smoke at least a pack a day. If I drink beer....then I can smoke two.

Wow...have you tried the patch?

funny, I don't need to smoke at all durring the week but I for some reason will have 1 or 2 a day but when the weekend pulls around and If I am drinking I can smoke a pack in a night.

tattoomytoe

why are non smokers or old smokers always ragging on smokers to quit EVEN IF THEY DO NOT WANT TO!!!!!

yes, i know what smoking CAN do and what is MAY have done, and what i can do.

Fedup&givingup
Originally posted by tattoomytoe

why are non smokers or old smokers always ragging on smokers to quit EVEN IF THEY DO NOT WANT TO!!!!!

Ya know, you're right. Downright hypocritical are we! LOL I suppose it's because we were able to kick it.

tattoomytoe

not trying to pick on you fed... i was more complaining about my boyfriend.

HokeyReligions

I used to. I quit a couple years ago. Just put 'em down and quit. I think that if I outlive everyone and end up alone I will take it up again. I made my mother quit too. She has severe Emphysema and would have a cigarette in one hand and her nebulizer/inhaler in the other hand and would be turning purple with coughing and in between gasps of breath to cough she would smoke her cigarette and then take a hit from her nebulizer! I watched that and quit! ;)

She can't smoke now anyway because she's at home and on oxygen all the time now. If she could, she would! I smoked menthols and I don't miss smoking itself, but sometimes I miss the taste. Although, I'm more sensitive to the smell now and can smell it on others from a long way off. I can tell when a smoker sits near me on the bus.

i can't smell smoke on people I guess because I am a smoker, but my b/f can smell it on me a mile away, he can't stand it.. won't even come near me untill I take a shower.

In florida they passed a law that you can't smoke in public places, not even restaruants. only bars where food is not served. I hate that nothing like a good cig after a meal.

Originally posted by HokeyReligions

She has severe Emphysema and would have a cigarette in one hand and her nebulizer/inhaler in the other hand and would be turning purple with coughing and in between gasps of breath to cough she would smoke her cigarette and then take a hit from her nebulizer! I watched that and quit! ;)

She sounds like a woman after my own heart! When I was in the hospital....I about DIED wanting a cigarette. The minute they released me....it was the first think I did when I got into my friend's car.

tattoomytoe

i do not smoke at home...only on my way home, my bf hates the fact that i still smoke...which makes me want to do it more!

tattoomytoe

and How much per pack are y'all paying? here it is between 4-5 bucks...if there are no sales...but smokes are always having sales!

Plus my smokes just sent me a free pack in the mail! gotta love that!

You don't have to quit, just stay out of my way with your smoke.

tattoomytoe
Originally posted by Bill

You don't have to quit, just stay out of my way with your smoke.

ditto with your breathing up all my oxygen when you come my way!

HokeyReligions

Its funny, as much as I used to smoke, and grew up in a smoking household, I never minded not smoking around others. Just because I smoke[ed] did not mean that I had to inflict my smoke on others. My husband never smoked and I didn't want to smoke around my kids or around my dogs. I insisted no one pick their nose and wipe their buggers on the back of the sofa and I respected their right to breathe air that didn't have smoke in it. But, boy howdy! I used to rush out of a restaurant for a smoke too! And having a drink in one hand just doesn't seem right unless there is a cig in the other hand to balance it out! LOL! ;)

Fedup&givingup
Originally posted by stoneheather

In florida they passed a law that you can't smoke in public places, not even restaruants. only bars where food is not served. I hate that nothing like a good cig after a meal.

That's something I miss living here. Even when I was a smoker, I did not want to go somewhere to eat and have to deal with smoke in the air.

tattoomytoe

i am not a rude smoker either....i hate smoking with kids around, i won't, i do not do it around non smokers, or i ask...and you can smoke insidea public place up here anymore anyways. actually i hate smoking inside...it's too much!

My father used to smoke when I was a little girl. He would buy the cheapest cigarettes -drove my mother crazy- and give us beer on Sundays. My sister and I would love it! Even now I associate the smell of those cigarettes with Sunday afternoon from my childhood.

I did smoke a while in highschool, but none of my friends did. None!!! Or any of my boyfriends. So I stopped.

Fedup&givingup

i am not a rude smoker either....i hate smoking with kids around, i won't, i do not do it around non smokers, or i ask...and you can smoke insidea public place up here anymore anyways. actually i hate smoking inside...it's too much!

This shows your level of consideration :)

I'm 24 and have been smoking since I was a freshmen in high school. The things we do when everyone else is doing them! I usually smoke 5 cigarettes a day most of those during my 45 minute drive to work and back. I spend $2.75 on a pack of cigarettes but sometimes pay up to $5.00.

I quit smoking once with an exboyfriend. I quit for 6+months but as soon as we broke up, I starting smoking again. I learned that you can't quit b/c other people want you to. You can only quit when you want to yourself.

Fedup&givingup
Originally posted by Al

I quit smoking once with an exboyfriend. I quit for 6+months but as soon as we broke up, I starting smoking again. I learned that you can't quit b/c other people want you to. You can only quit when you want to yourself.

Exactly. When I quit, I was tired of it myself. For those that smoke and don't want to give it up, that's fine. To each his own...we only go around but one time, might as well do it the way you want to.