conversational withdrawal

If you've read my threads, you know the long epic ones that don't really end in a concrete question, you'll know that I'm in a long distance relationship. We usually stay up really late and talk on the computer. Sometimes we don't have anything to say really, we just like that the other one is there.

I can't call her, I don't get cell coverage where I live. She's grounded for a week, from the computer. You'd think I'd be able to handle this fine, but for some reason I'm sorta hysterical about it. I miss talking to her.

I wrote her a nice letter (e-mail) on different things, stuff she likes to hear and I like to say, but she won't get it until she goes to school and reads it. I was going to write her another one, but I decided that's too much.

*sigh* you'd never think someone I haven't seen yet this year would be such an important part of my daily life.

I was going to write her another one, but I decided that's too much.

It's not too much! You miss feeling close to her and writing will help you feel that. Plus she will be very flattered when she gets all that mail. So how many days of non-contact are there left? You could always send her a special delivery by snail mail :)

dyermaker I dont think its too much you could write a letter everyday if you felt like it.. She'll be delighted to recieve them I guarantee it.

Its tough your missing her and frustrated at the extra limitiations this ban has put on your already difficult situation. Are you guys going to meet up soon are is it still a long way away.. its nice to have something to look forward to, to lift your spirits a bit and work towards will this be coming anytime soon??

Saw the pics of the two of you and you look like you make a good couple.

I bet it is hard having a long distance relationship.

I dont think writing her daily is to much, but I would keep them short.

Because after a week of piled up email Im sure she will appreciate them not being so lengthy.

Anyway hang in there the week will be over soon.

• Author

She got to the computer at school. Your comments, as well as such things like, "I love getting these long emails from you." (It's nice how she's pretty straightforward about answering questions that I didn't ask) have provided me with the gentle reassurance neccessary to continue to write.

I'll do that now.

Gracias.

Are you guys going to meet up soon are is it still a long way away.. its nice to have something to look forward to, to lift your spirits a bit and work towards will this be coming anytime soon??

When she gets her license (we're 15) she's going to drive up and see me some weekend. I can see her at Easter Break, perhaps, I have family near where she lives. When we're eighteen the whole long-distance thing is over for sure, we're strong people, but we can only take so much.

Ahhhhh Dyer.....I'm so sorry!

I know when I was in a relationship and he was on maneuvers....and we couldn't be online.....I would DIE INSIDE! I was soooooo lonely without him!!!!!!!

All you can really do is wait.....be supportive......and be your loving self.

.........if her parents knew you like WE do....they wouldn't DO THIS to you guys..... :(

Send her email....ecards....smiley faces.....whatever it takes.

• Author

She's awesome.

She snuck down while her mom was gone and talked with me for a while, until she heard a car in the driveway.

SCENARIO: 10 years later.....

Dyer has had a long day at work with some genious work stress.......and his wife has had a very long day at home taking care of the twins....who are FINALLY both asleep! The are looking at each other across the living room. He's in his favorite chair digesting dinner. She is on the couch with her legs propped up feeling very tired from running after the twins all day. NO ONE feels particularly sexy.

One of them says....."Do you remember when we WANTED to talk and couldn't????".

And they BOTH will share a sweet memory smile.

She will get off of the couch and join him on his favorite chair.

...........and the rest is personal.......

SMILE DYER.,..you are making LOVE HISTORY!!!!! This is just a fleeting moment away from the love of your life.