Problems again with pain meds

Brady_to_Moss

Hey all. I was here a while ago about my issue with oxycodone and it has brought it's ugly head back. Spent probably over $500 in the past 2 months on them. I have probally spent $3,000 on them in my lifetime which to me is A LOT. Luckily the person i got them from is gone now so now i have no way of getting them which is awesome.

But now i have a script for Vicodin for my back/groin. I see the surgeon again in 1 week. It's not a lot of pills...but enough to get me feeling good for 5-6 days. I am trying to only use them when the pain is bad but it's tough...

Tonight is the last night i want to take the meds for the next 5 days. I need to save them for when the pain is bad...

I want a 5 day break before i take the meds again. But since i know where they are and now that i know that i can take them whenever..it's going to be tough..how can i get through the 5 days with no meds when i know i have the pills 5 ft away. Any help would be appreciated..

Do you have someone you can give them to? They will give them to you only when you are suppose to take them?

Honestly maybe u should try marijuana it really helps without the side effects and its not physically addictive or mentally so long as u have a strong mind. Ive seen some people lose their whole life literally to oxys and the like.

would you consider alternative medicine (chiropracty, acupuncture)?

husband has a screwed up back and hits the bottle to help alleviate pain because he is afraid of getting hooked on pills. When the creams don't help, the booze doesn't help and he *still* won't use the hydrocodone, I make him take my OTC pills for PMS. Yes, for PMS. They're non-addictive, they don't leave you drowsy the next morning but they help curb the pain long enough to sleep. I can get 4-6 hours when the girly cramps are bad; he says they knock him out for about 2 hours and he gets much-needed rest. Just sayin' ...

meanwhile, talk to your doctor about prescription addiction ~ there might be something else he can proscribe for pain that treats the problem without making the addiction kick in. Also, look into the depression/pain correlation, the answer may even come from a low-dose anti-depressant to help curtail the response to the pain?

• Author
Brady_to_Moss
would you consider alternative medicine (chiropracty, acupuncture)?

husband has a screwed up back and hits the bottle to help alleviate pain because he is afraid of getting hooked on pills. When the creams don't help, the booze doesn't help and he *still* won't use the hydrocodone, I make him take my OTC pills for PMS. Yes, for PMS. They're non-addictive, they don't leave you drowsy the next morning but they help curb the pain long enough to sleep. I can get 4-6 hours when the girly cramps are bad; he says they knock him out for about 2 hours and he gets much-needed rest. Just sayin' ...

meanwhile, talk to your doctor about prescription addiction ~ there might be something else he can proscribe for pain that treats the problem without making the addiction kick in. Also, look into the depression/pain correlation, the answer may even come from a low-dose anti-depressant to help curtail the response to the pain?

I go to acupuncture once a week and the chiro twice a week as well. Also i am on a antidepressant for anxiety issues

• 1 month later...
  • Author
Brady_to_Moss

Just an update...

Still have issues with the meds...i hate that i am having this issue. I am prescribed about 80 pain pills a month now due to my back..but it just sucks.

it helps the pain and such..but it's like the devil...i mean idk if i would rather live in pain..or to be addicted..