LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Addiction & Recovery

Two years Sober TODAY!!

Addiction & Recovery Recognizing, conquering, and coping with addictions, substance abuse & dependence.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th June 2010, 10:21 PM   #1
Established Member

Thumbs up Two years Sober TODAY!!

WOW.. Oh WOW. 2 whole years. I am soo proud of myself. I enjoy life so much better drink free. It's such a great accomplishment.. and I'm celebrating myself today for having the courage to accept the thing's I can't not change.. change the thing's I can.. and the ever so great wisdom to know the difference. Amen.. to saying goodbye to alcohol!!

Mea
Old 25th June 2010, 10:25 PM   #2
Established Member

Congrats...
It sure is something to be proud of Mea...

It's funny.. you never forget the date and always appreciate when another year passes..

~Art
Old 25th June 2010, 10:30 PM   #3
Established Member

Thanks Art. And your right about the date.. it sticks with you. I just feel so FREE..... Freedom from the substance that had complete power over me. Glad to be the one driving the ship now.

Mea
Meaplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 10:33 PM   #4

Thumbs up

Congratulations Meaplus3! Excellent and you should feel very proud of yourself.
BB07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 10:38 PM   #5
Established Member

Thank you BB. I do feel proud. I did it all by myself with NO support NONE at all. This is big for me... real big. and it can be done.. So anyone that reads this thread that may be struggeling... know that YOU can do it too!!

Mea
Old 26th June 2010, 7:14 PM   #6
Established Member

You're very strong Sis Mea!! 2 years - Congrats!
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 8:56 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwayisup View Post
You're very strong Sis Mea!! 2 years - Congrats!
Thank you. Love ya to bits!!

Mea
Old 26th June 2010, 9:40 PM   #8

9 months sober here after 20+ years of drug abuse. Hope I will be celebrating my 1 yr.,..then 2 yr +. Congrats...I know it's not easy!
LivingInMomsBasement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 7:45 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInMomsBasement View Post
9 months sober here after 20+ years of drug abuse. Hope I will be celebrating my 1 yr.,..then 2 yr +. Congrats...I know it's not easy!
Big ((hugs)) and Congrats to you.. Great strides your making. I can tell you it does get eaiser as time passes. Stay strong.. and keep it up. One day at a time.

Mea
Old 27th June 2010, 8:15 PM   #10
Established Member

Saw your thread on the main page and had to come in here to say congratulations...had a close friend have her mother die from alcoholism last year so I'm glad you made the right choice.
yume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 8:23 PM   #11
Established Member

Go Mea! Go Mea! I have a very close relative who went cold-turkey about the same amount of time ago. I am full of admiration for his (and your) ability to overcome this. I know they say it's always going to be one day at a time, but IMHO it takes incredible strength of character to win this battle on a daily basis. Congratulations and Godspeed to you.
Old 27th June 2010, 8:24 PM   #12

I carry my chip in my handbag.

Congrats, Mea girl! 2 years will be 20!

It is a huge accomplishment, and a wonderful feeling to bask in your sobriety daily.

I remember when I was first clean I was amazed at how light I felt not having to be saddled with my addiction. Know what I mean? When you are an alcoholic, or addict like I was, you spend SO much time planning for your addiction - when to buy your crap, where to buy it, how much, etc., that it becomes a part-time job. It was SO nice to not have to worry about who I would buy blow from, how much they would have, when I could arrange my day to go pick it up, etc.

I suddenly had a LOT of free time.

Keep up the great work, and keep loving yourself, sister!
Jilly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 8:53 PM   #13
Established Member

yay! *flails arms wildly like kermit the frog*
Old 27th June 2010, 9:02 PM   #14

Great going with the sobriety!

Enjoy the anniversary! May more sober moments be had
Tayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 12:06 AM   #15
Established Member

HUGE congrats!!! You are awesome! (((BIG HUGS))) to you!

This year marks my 4th year of sobriety, meth free! It feels good.
SouthernSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote