Two years Sober TODAY!!

WOW.. Oh WOW. 2 whole years. I am soo proud of myself. I enjoy life so much better drink free. It's such a great accomplishment.. and I'm celebrating myself today for having the courage to accept the thing's I can't not change.. change the thing's I can.. and the ever so great wisdom to know the difference. Amen.. to saying goodbye to alcohol!!:):)

Mea:)

Congrats...

It sure is something to be proud of Mea...

It's funny.. you never forget the date and always appreciate when another year passes..

~Art

• Author

Thanks Art.:love: And your right about the date.. it sticks with you. I just feel so FREE..... Freedom from the substance that had complete power over me. Glad to be the one driving the ship now.:):)

• Author

Thank you BB.:) I do feel proud. I did it all by myself with NO support NONE at all. This is big for me... real big. and it can be done.. So anyone that reads this thread that may be struggeling... know that YOU can do it too!!:bunny:

• Author
You're very strong Sis Mea!! 2 years - Congrats!

Thank you. Love ya to bits!!:):love:

LivingInMomsBasement

9 months sober here after 20+ years of drug abuse. Hope I will be celebrating my 1 yr.,..then 2 yr +. Congrats...I know it's not easy!

• Author
9 months sober here after 20+ years of drug abuse. Hope I will be celebrating my 1 yr.,..then 2 yr +. Congrats...I know it's not easy!

Big ((hugs)) and Congrats to you.. Great strides your making. I can tell you it does get eaiser as time passes. Stay strong.. and keep it up. One day at a time. :love:

Saw your thread on the main page and had to come in here to say congratulations...had a close friend have her mother die from alcoholism last year so I'm glad you made the right choice.

Go Mea! :bunny::bunny: Go Mea! :bunny::bunny: I have a very close relative who went cold-turkey about the same amount of time ago. I am full of admiration for his (and your) ability to overcome this. I know they say it's always going to be one day at a time, but IMHO it takes incredible strength of character to win this battle on a daily basis. Congratulations and Godspeed to you.

I carry my chip in my handbag. :)

Congrats, Mea girl! 2 years will be 20!

It is a huge accomplishment, and a wonderful feeling to bask in your sobriety daily.

I remember when I was first clean I was amazed at how light I felt not having to be saddled with my addiction. Know what I mean? When you are an alcoholic, or addict like I was, you spend SO much time planning for your addiction - when to buy your crap, where to buy it, how much, etc., that it becomes a part-time job. It was SO nice to not have to worry about who I would buy blow from, how much they would have, when I could arrange my day to go pick it up, etc.

I suddenly had a LOT of free time. :lmao:

Keep up the great work, and keep loving yourself, sister!

Great going with the sobriety!

Enjoy the anniversary! May more sober moments be had :)

SouthernSunshine

HUGE congrats!!! :love:You are awesome! (((BIG HUGS))) to you!

This year marks my 4th year of sobriety, meth free! It feels good.

Mea, that's fantastic!! Congratulations!!! This just proves how strong of a woman you are. I'm extremely proud of you and this wonderful accomplishment! Congrats!!! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

• Author

WOW!!:love::love: Thanks everyone for your kind words and show of support. You have know idea how much it means to me. Appreciate you all.

Being a relatively new guy, IDK your story, Mea. I can, however, appreciate the courage, and personal growth it takes to achieve such a milestone. Congratulations!!!! and best wishes for a sober and rewarding future. You are one of the good ones.:love::D:D

Being a relatively new guy, IDK your story, Mea. I can, however, appreciate the courage, and personal growth it takes to achieve such a milestone. Congratulations!!!! and best wishes for a sober and rewarding future. You are one of the good ones.:love::D:D

She sure is. Well done, Mea!

• Author

Thank you.:love:

She sure is. Well done, Mea!

Marlena.. Your a Doll... love you.!!:love::love:

Congrats---You are a different person living a totaly different life now..

Thanks.. and yes. it's a whole new way of life. A life filled of dealing head on with raw emotions.. that were covered up by a tall glass of bubbly for far to long.

While I can say that on occasion I do miss being able to toast at a celebration.. or over the holiday's.. but I know now that after drink one.. I'm starting to relax. Drink two.. relaxed even more. Drink 3 and I'm making a toast to Uncle Ted who's been dead for 20 years. Drink 4.. I'm crying over Aunt alma.. becuase I'm not sure if she is really even my Aunt?? And by drink 5 the guy at the end of the the bar with missing teeth and a long white beard.. is HOT.. and now has potential to be my future husband.:laugh::laugh: So.. you see.. I'm better off sober.:) Truth is my body chemistry and booze.. just don't mix. I accept that now with all my heart.

Congrats!!!! though im new here, it is seeing stories like this that make me think i might have a chance of being sober eventually. Now if i only had your strength ;)

Congrats!

• Author
Congrats!!!! though im new here, it is seeing stories like this that make me think i might have a chance of being sober eventually. Now if i only had your strength ;)

Congrats!

Glad you found the post helpful. And you do have a chance of beign Sober.. so never give up hope!!!! You can do it.:)