SO in detox and inpatient program, im lost now

outofthedark

Left 3 days ago. It was a choice, his choice.

After I had had enough, I was all done. Told him I was leaving. Packed my chit and left. Got message from him that he had taken a bottle of ativan and drank a bottle of wine. "im scared, its getting dark" he said in that message. So I came back, of course, but this time not to rescue him but to see for myself if it was real. Nope, he had just taken 2 ativan with half bottle wine.

Next day He begged me not to leave, that he would go get help. That afternoon he arranged it all with work, insurance etc and left the following day. I dropped him off at an inpatient dual diagnosis detox 6 week rehab program... whew... okay ..now ME

Nyone else the one left behind. To explain this to family (his and mine). TO explain to friends. TO still feel like "holy chit I just went through a 3 day hurricane of emotions" I am glad he is getting help but i am angry that I am still here with all these emotions, all this anger, all this doubt...on and on..

I need some support, some advice, someone to talk to that is NOT in my inner circle and has there own opinions.

By the way.. he is a true "escape addict". He has no drug of choice, he will take anything... pills, street drugs, alcohol, sex whatever.

Any advice????

Have you checked out Al-anon, narc-anon, or codependents anon? Just about everyone in one of those meetings has a current or past relationship with an addict of some sort. Talking to and hearing from other people that have "been there" can help you deal with the immediate issue as well as the resentment and anger.