Which addiction withdrawls can people die from?

I know alcahol can be one,how about Benzodiazapines(zanax,valiun,klonopin ETC), Methadone? Maybe difrent strenghts of opiates? I don't believe cocaine is on the list. How bout Methamphetamine can you die from withdrawling from that?

Thanks just wanted to know.

JustLooking123

Alcohol and benzodiazepines only, I think. Not the others, although it might get pretty uncomfortable (especially heroin or methadone). That's my understanding, at least.

Edited by JustLooking123

any addictive substances should be handled by professionals familiar with addictions. many die doing detox alone. the withdrawals can be painfully uncomfortable - but worth the discomfort to get away from what grips them to the brink of death. getting to a state of being recovered is a wonderful freedom!

• Author

Thank you both

I knew booze was one,and was scared for my hubby as he was,going threw it,bit I knew detoxes gave them valiums or libriums to take care alot of the W/D propblems,I know I shouldn't of don it,but no way was he going into a 6th detox,I only gave hime a small weeks worth of klonopins,and he is over 30 days clean & sober,No wseats,just urges,but AA is a daily thing around here THANK GOD. wonderful program.

Thank yall again

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author
Withdrawal from certain prescription medications can lead to seizures, which can potentially lead to death.

Thank you TY,do you know of any more that are deadly from W/D's?

I am just wondering,I got hubby off all klonopins,so he should be in good shape with AA everyday,we both get a bronze chip a day at a tiime FRIDAY GOD WILLIING!!!

THANKS ALL

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author
Has he ever tried suboxone?

Hi Sedgewick I did not see your reply till now. How ,and what do you think of suboxone,can it help with any kind of W/D's or is it another drug you can die from the W/d's

Thank you for any reply

jade