Boyfriend may be on cocaine...have some questions

have questions about cocaine use ? do you get a runny nose all the time ? do the corners of the nose get red ? do you rub nose alot? do you get hpper or realaxed when high and dinking beer and snorting ? HELP??

• Author
have questions about cocaine use ? do you get a runny nose all the time ? do the corners of the nose get red ? do you rub nose alot? do you get hpper or realaxed when high and dinking beer and snorting ? HELP??
i think my boy friend is on drugs?

Yes you get a runny nose. Yes, it's quite likely your nose will get red - from blowing/wiping it. Yes, you'd rub your nose a lot, it's running.

As for the hyper vs. relaxed thing, if can depend on the user. It can and does have both effects.

http://www.focusas.com/Cocaine.html

http://www.addictionca.com/signs-of-cocaine-use.htm

From what I've noticed of cocaine addicts, there's a lot of sniffing and touching your nose. Also, hyper, jittery ups, and dragging, almost furtive downs.

Does he go to the toilet alot if you are out drinking, and come back sniffing? Does he go with a friend? The only time I have ever known guys to consistently go to the toilet together is because they are sharing their drugs.

Most coke users will sniff rather than blow their noses, because if you blow if all the powder comes back out again.

Have you asked him about it?

Does he go to the toilet alot if you are out drinking, and come back sniffing? Does he go with a friend? The only time I have ever known guys to consistently go to the toilet together is because they are sharing their drugs.

Most coke users will sniff rather than blow their noses, because if you blow if all the powder comes back out again.

Have you asked him about it?

Good point re the nose blowing!! :D The things you forget over the years!!

Good point re the nose blowing!! :D The things you forget over the years!!

Giving a little TMI away there, you naughty little kitty....

From one reformed reprobate to another.;)

You will also notice they can't seem to stand or sit still, don't seem to really be listening to you when you answer their questions but rather just waiting for their next turn to talk talk talk. They will roll their lips between their teeth, like pursing their lips together and biting both of them at the same time when they sniff. They are breathy when they talk and their breath smells aspirin-ie.

These symptoms are all true. But don't forget this one as well...

some of the most sincere, believable, "LIARS", I ever knew, were well educated, professional, functional addicts.

Some people can't keep up the farce very long. Others keep it at arms length for many years.

The rate of decline varies with the victim. And yes, I view the addict as a victim. They need help. They just don't know it.

When you drink, if you do coke too you can drink alot more. They do it because if they are out socializing and drinking, coke has a high school aspect to it like a popularity contest. You feel excepted when some one asks you to go off with them to snort some up. And then you leave the bathroom feeling like you share a secret with them. You then realize you don't feel as drunk and can continue drinking and socializing. This is a plus because now you feel like you have so much interesting stuff to say to other people.

I've tried the drug about 3 times when I was younger. I'm one of those lucky folk who tried it and it didn't do much for me. It did make me feel more sober when I was drinking, but I didn't get the feeling of being powerful or the go go go hyped up feeling. I was confused and asked what the big deal is and why everyone else seemed to dig it and the above is the explanation I got.

why do people drink when on cocaine? what hapends?

In my experience people do cocaine when they drink, rather than drink while on cocaine. They get really drunk, and then they can snort a line or two and get sobered up so they can drink even more -- the amount of alcohol they can drink while doing cocaine is phenomenal.

Drinking alcohol also takes "the edge off" when you're doing coke -- when you do too much you can get edgy and antsy and drinking can make it a more mellow high.

Unfortunately I spent about a year and a half of my life totally addicted to cocaine. I lost my job because I would go over to my dealer's house after work and stay there until the sun came up the next day, then I would go to work all strung out, passing out at my desk. Eventually they fired me and I went on unemployment, which just gave me more free time to do drugs. I spent what was left of a trust fund I was given when I turned 18. I was severely addicted. I would do cocaine for 2-3 days in a row without sleeping. I would drive all over the state to get it. It was a bad period in my life. Then I met my SO and we got clean together.

• Author

O>K> Iget it now... hey is that your eye in the picture?? Do they always get that big when on coke? or were you on somthing else if yes tell me want to know more...... later:cool:

Giving a little TMI away there, you naughty little kitty....

From one reformed reprobate to another.;)

Whoopsy!! ;)

my boyfrind just got up blowing his nose like he dose every morning why i dont know

Hmmm... just for perspective, both my husband and I blow our noses every morning and I can assure you we haven't been doing coke!! :laugh: Actually I don't even know why, it's just something that's happened the older I've got. I have to blow my nose in the morning....! :confused:

(Edited to add: Ok, I googled to try and find out why, and found a Sneeze Fetish Forum!!! WTF!)

Edited by littlekitty

For me when I used to do it ...I would grind my teeth...my jaw wouldn't stop moving. I needed gum to hide it! And I just couldn't sit down ..I had to be doing something...like playing pool, Darts. And I used to Chain smoke a lot!

Also ...most men who do Coke or Crack ...have a very hard time...Getting it Up!

There is many things to look for when you want to find out if someone is doing Drugs. Good luck!

O>K> Iget it now... hey is that your eye in the picture?? Do they always get that big when on coke? or were you on somthing else if yes tell me want to know more...... later:cool:

Not my eye, a stock photo I found on the web.