What is wrong with this picture?

stillhere

My sister-in-law was once again beaten by her husband on Sunday afternoon. He gave her a severe concussion, which was verified by the emergency room doctor. Here is the kicker.........her husband was not arrested (she actually called the police this time, usually she doesn't because he convinces her that they won't believe her) and has caused nothing but major problems, and the police continue to let him get away with it.

She removed most of everything from the house when the police told him to leave, yet the police allowed her husband to stand across the street and torment her and her family, while he had their kids their watching. He was telling the youngest that mommy is a horrible person, and she's taking all her stuff out of the house and going to destroy it.

He followed her and her family while they were moving the stuff, he even followed them into the police department parking lot, ready to fight right in front of the cop standing outside waiting for them to get there!! He followed her and her family to the storage unit (with a cop following as well) to put the stuff from the house in it.

Surprise surprise, the storage unit was broken into, but nothing is being done!!! Her and her family are setting him up and broke into the storage unit themselves, that's what the cop said!

He went back to the house on sunday night (which he wasn't supposed to go back for 24 hours, yet the police did nothing to stop him) and trashed the house (it's her parent's house, her and her husband were renting). I mean trashed the house. Destroyed the landscape (poured gas on every living plant), cigarette holes in the carpet and linoleum, took everything out of the freezer and threw it everywhere, and took all the drawers and doors out of the kitchen with the police there watching because they had an emergency eviction notice to get him out right then and there (that was monday night). The cops watched him destroy some of the house, and they said it wasn't there problem, it was a civil matter. OMFG, what is wrong with the police today? He was going to put holes in the walls, but never got the chance.

And they wonder why some people don't go to the police for domestic violence!!! In her case, she did everything right, and now she has no home, no kids, no money (he stole it all from her), nothing, and he has won!! He is the evil one, but the police have done nothing but protect him!!

Anyone with any bright ideas on how to help her......man i feel helpless for her!!

amaysngrace

Anyone with any bright ideas on how to help her......man i feel helpless for her!!

This is a horrible story. Only one thought came to mind, bring her to her nearest local women's center. Let them document what has transpired so far. At least she will have one respectable agency on her side. Really, I wish I had more to offer, but nothing is coming to mind. Other than a lawyer, which the WC can possibly help her with, too.

• Author

Last time she went to an abuse shelter...........they were helping her husband too!!!! He told them, that she had abused him as well!! They hooked her up with a restraining order, and they hooked him up with one as well! They were working on getting him a lawyer.

He pulled this sh*t last time.......she scratched him when she reached up to hold onto him cuz he had pushed her down the stairs. The cops arrested her because about 20 of his family members told the police that she beat him up (and they weren't even there). Same thing this time, every single one of his family members and friends came over and defended him to the police, while she sat there, partially unconscious all by herself. His family lives 2 blocks away, didn't take them long to get there.

She is tiny compared to him, and that's why she's afraid to call the police. He's beat her up about 4 times before this incident, but she was afraid that he would make up a story, and she would go to jail again.

And he has the kids still, that's why she goes back. Last time she went to the shelter was because she wanted them to help her get the kids away from him, they did nothing. So she went back, because she wanted to see her kids on Christmas day, and to watch them open their presents, that he had taken so she couldn't be with them on Christmas.

amaysngrace

Then I guess she should get herself into counseling. Free counseling is available to battered women. Surely the hospital will have the evidence to prove she's been injured by him.

Let her get the help she needs, become a stronger person, get back in the workforce, and after she has gotten her life together, then she should go and try to get her children back.

If she changes herself for the better, I don't see how a judge is going to deny her the right to her children.

• Author

No one is denying her the children, only him. The oldest is pretty much a lost cause. Extremely sad to say, but for a 13 year old, she has a mouth. She walked into the house, walked up to her grandparents and said " i'm so sick of all this sh*t you do to my dad" And she does go to a counselor, she's bi-polar, but on her medication. She is a normal person with her meds, and she takes them religiously. She hasn't missed a day in the last 8 years. And she doesn't work. He made her quit her last job, 4 years ago, cuz he thought she was flirting with her boss.

She is very much stuck between a rock and a hard place. No matter where she turns, she doesn't get the help she needs.

He is such a controlling person, and so sneaky and vindictive, that he can make anyone believe anything. I know how he is, but i forget all that when he talks to me. It's like he has this supreme power over people. It's hard to explain unless you've seen him in action.

• Author

Nope, don't have a brother. My sister-in-law's husband is in no way related to me. I'm kind of out of the picture completely.......i'm separated from my husband, her brother.

But they came to me for help since i am still friends with my soon to be exH, and we have a daughter, so we must stay in contact. My sister-in-law was my best friend, til i kicked her brother out. We haven't spoken since, but i still care about her and her welfare.