How do you know when its time?

PandorasBox

PandorasBox

How do you know when its time to get out of an abusive or bad relationship?

I ask this becasue I have a friend who is in a bad relationship with her husband and has been for awhile now. I have told her how I felt about things and what it is I feel she needs to do, but to no avail she doesn't listen. I usually just give her my advice when she asks for it. I mainly just listen and I'm here for her. I have asked her to maybe join this site and get help or advice from others. She said she wouldn't join the site she had no need to. I told her that I would post in hopes for some responses and she was welcome to read them. She said she would. So if anyone can shed some light to her on when its time to get out of this mess would be great, thanks.

No one can tell you friend when the right time is to leave her bad relationship, and I suposse their is not "right" time really. I would imagine its hard to do and maybe herder for some that others. Heres a list of a few things though that might help her decide if she ever does.

* You have continuas frustration over the relationship and feel you are spinning your wheels, and nothing is getting solved.

*You're being emotionally or verbally abused.

*You're being physically abused.

* You no longer have real genuine feelings for your spouse but you reminese about when you did.

* You have changed your core values, beliefs and goals to accomadate your partner in hopes that your relationship will no longer be problematic.

* You always feel empty around your partner.

* You no longer feel you are getting what you want/need from the relationship.

* All communication is gone.

* You no longer look forward to spending time with your partner. You could care less if they are around you or not.

* You're doing all the giving and they are doing all the taking.

* Your friends no loinger like to hang out with you when you are with your partner. They know its a toxic situation.

* You no longer feel good about yourself and depend on your partner to make you feel goo about yourself.

There is just a few. Some may apply to your friend and some may not. Maybe she will at least read them over and see if she feels like any of those. Maybe someone else can help more.

IMO, if it is physical abuse the right time is right after he hits you. And I say this from experience. If it is emotional, verbal, etc. these things can "maybe" be worked on. But I would have to see a commitment to change from him. This means, counseling and a strong desire for change.

I hope your friend will see the light. Good luck to her *Hugs*