Abusers

geriberry

Hi All,

I had an abusive childhood where I was verbally, physically and sexually abused, I also had a 17 year marriage full of sexual assaults,physical and verbal abuse. I have been separated for 2 years but now my ex husband seems to be either using our teenage kids to abuse me or they are copying his behaviour! I have a lot of problems with our 15 year old daughter displaying patterns of abuse towards me. I am being verbally abused, my property damaged and the latest thing is she has been logging into my MSN and emails accounts and she has been calling me a whore. I assume she has also given her Father my email passwords too. I have changed them his morning. I am left very low and in tears most of the time. I have got her some counselling support, informed her school etc but I dont know what else to do? I changed the locks to the front door when I split from her Father but she gave him the new keys. I have to change the locks again as he has had another key cut yet again. I would really appreciate your feeback and thoughts.

Thank You,

Geri

amaysngrace

would you be willing to go to counseling with your daughter? it seems like she is repeating the behaviors she was exposed to while growing up. i don't know, i'm not a doctor, but it seems you both need help here.

blind_otter

Children do copy parental abusive behavior, mostly when I read about it I've seen male children. Have you sought counseling for yourself?

I totally agree with Blind that children mimic what the parents do . This is learned behavior from her father. As Blind said you need to seek a counselor for you and your daughter. She has seen this happen in your 17 yrs of marriage and this is all she knows how to communicate. Hugs to you .:love: