LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Abuse

Angry at the abuse

Abuse Support for and discussion of psychological, physical, and sexual abuse.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th February 2019, 9:35 AM   #1

Angry at the abuse

A long time ago, I had a man brutalize me for reasons unknown. Ever since, I have been brutalized when dating. I am so angry at this man when all I want to do is to forget him and remember him for what he truly is-a psychopath who takes pleasure in hurting others. I just want him to go away forever in my mind so I can move on with my life.
Old 18th February 2019, 12:14 PM   #2
Established Member

I think your feelings are normal but it sounds like you may need some counseling to help you move on.
Old 18th February 2019, 12:32 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice82 View Post
Ever since, I have been brutalized when dating.
As in, every time, and by different men?
Old 18th February 2019, 1:14 PM   #4

Yes. I was passed along by a gang.
Old 18th February 2019, 1:17 PM   #5
Established Member

I'm very sorry that happened to you, Alice. I hardly know what to say.
Old 18th February 2019, 1:17 PM   #6

Yes. I do need counseling. I'm actually looking forward to medical treatment and prescriptions, which I used to disbelieve in. Trafficking is real in Texas. I saw a lot of women end up worse than I did or dead or they resorted to killing themselves. It's horrible hear. I hope I get out alive. I leave the state in two days for a new life and recovery I hope.
Old 18th February 2019, 1:17 PM   #7
Established Member

What you endured was far more then abuse. It has elements of Stockholm syndrome. Being held hostage must have been brutal. Please get some therapy to help you find peace & reclaim your sense of self & value.
Old 18th February 2019, 1:19 PM   #8

Yes. I do need counseling. I'm actually looking forward to medical treatment and prescriptions, which I used to disbelieve in. Trafficking is real in Texas. I saw a lot of women end up worse than I did or dead or they resorted to killing themselves. It's horrible here. I hope I get out alive. I leave the state in two days for a new life and recovery I hope.
Old 18th February 2019, 1:24 PM   #9

They took over my family's home. Burglarized all the valuables, met me through a mutual friend--I actually ended up sleeping with the guy who broke into our home and didn't know it--but he knew who I was because he saw pictures of me in my home when he broke in and made off with all the family heirlooms. I can't tell you how sick these people are down here by the border. It's not even American laws down here, it's gang land and more like loose Mexican laws established and run by greed.
Old 18th February 2019, 1:27 PM   #10
Established Member

Oh honey. Hopefully you can find a UN aide worker who specialized in helping those who have been trafficked. I will pray for you.
Old 18th February 2019, 1:29 PM   #11

I've had to be nice to my abusers and let them get away with it because I don't have a way to leave. They ruined my credit, closed my bank accounts, police threatened to arrest me if I pressed charges on these men...so I hav ed to see them or their friends regularly. One was in my physics class last semester-no way it was by chance-I dropped out of college. I can't live this way anymore. I avoid everything now...I just want out.
Old 18th February 2019, 1:32 PM   #12
Established Member

Go back to your school. Find a professor who remembers you & get that person to get you help
Old 18th February 2019, 1:33 PM   #13

So many other girls had it worse...I'm lucky to be alive, only have two charges: 1 for drugs and 1 for theft ( I took that charge for my sons dad two months after a c-section-he wanted to go stealing at the mall for xmas presents for all his kids whom he moved into my families home without our permission).
Old 18th February 2019, 1:35 PM   #14

I've got to leave this city and then find help. Nobody cares here. I am constantly reminded with those exact words. Nobody cares. I've tried telling everyone.
Old 18th February 2019, 1:45 PM   #15

Thanks for listening. I'm going to write for a while. I'm sorry to share a story on a public platform that is so disturbing...I wish the world was a better place but sometimes it's just not. The drugs are ruining everything here. Our own officers sell out their citizens. It's really sad how greed is tearing apart the texas border. It's to late for a wall. And the deception runs deep into all our government offices here.