Psycho sister

Fair

I don't know if this is the right category for this question but it feels to me like abuse, so here goes.

How would you deal with a psycho sibling who is basically acting like a stalker? By this I mean coming around my house at night, hanging around outside my windows, being on my property without permission, going into my attached garage to snoop to see if my car is home, etc. etc.

I know all this sounds cracked but my sister really is. She lives outside of town on an acreage, and since I moved back here and bought a house she's been spying on me like this.

We have a troubled history, and no relationship. I really believe she's personality disordered and possibly narcissistic. I also believe she's jealous of me, because she's unhappy with her own life. She's married but I don't think she gives a rat's ass about the guy and can't stand the thought I might have something better going on.

Tonight she was here again. I had a single light on in the house and so she was lurking around outside that very window. Then at 11 o'clock she knocked on the door. I didn't open it. I was so mad I thought I'd blow a gasket, and she's vindictive. I don't know how to handle her.

I've thought more than once about calling the police to tell them she's been harassing me and coming onto my property without permission, basically being a peeping tom at night, probably just to see if I have anyone in here with me. But I have no proof. I'll have to start putting up cameras and so on... and then I'll have to get involved with police and all that kind of trouble when it's the last thing I want to do.

Yet I was so infuriated tonight. She does this stuff and wants me to know she's doing it. I've tried to ignore it, hoping she'll stop but she doesn't. This is a woman who doesn't even LIKE me, but has to watch every move I make.

Suggestions please...

Put up some security cameras. Ask her to stop. Get a parent or other sibling to ask her to stop.

If she's not dangerous just keep recording her & ignoring her. If she is dangerous, call the cops

I really believe she's personality disordered and possibly narcissistic. I also believe she's jealous of me, because she's unhappy with her own life.

That second sentence is something that narcissists often believe, that others are jealous of them. I thought I’d point that out in the event you didn’t know.

She knocked on your door and you didn’t answer knowing it was her. If I were you I’d get in touch with her rather than avoiding her and tell her you don’t want a relationship with her and to leave you alone. I’d also warn her that if she persists you’ll have to get law enforcement involved.

• Like 1

When you figure out to deal with a psycho sister please let me in on your secret. Knowing whats wrong with them is a different matter than dealing with them. :(

• Like 1

Well you should lock her house down real good and anything you can to keep her out of your garage. May you put lights around your house so that it's harder for her to see in without being seen. And cameras if you can afford it. she certainly sounds mentally unbalanced and I would almost bet that the police are already acquainted with her if that is the case. You can certainly call the police on her if she's coming around especially late at night or she's trespassing. They're going to be making you feel guilty for pressing charges on a relative and if you don't press charges she's going to just keep doing it.

Sounds like she needs mental health care. Has anything gone missing?

WTF? sounds really wierd.

I have a feeling there is some omitted details that could shed at least a little light.

Could you explain the past and present situations a little more OP?

• Like 1

Get the Nest Cam so you can record her being on your property without permission, for good measure speak to her through the webcam and tell her to leave the property, she is unwanted there and trespassing. That way you have a recording to show the cops when you call them. You say you don't want to do all that but what are your options?

• Like 1
  • Author
That second sentence is something that narcissists often believe, that others are jealous of them. I thought I’d point that out in the event you didn’t know.

This is ridiculous. People are jealous and envious creatures, but if you dare point it out people think there's something wrong with you.

I'm not a narcissist. I call my sister a narcissist because that's what she is.

• Author
Get the Nest Cam so you can record her being on your property without permission, for good measure speak to her through the webcam and tell her to leave the property, she is unwanted there and trespassing. That way you have a recording to show the cops when you call them. You say you don't want to do all that but what are your options?

I've already confronted her as of today and warned her I'm going to start calling the police. Now it's just to wait and see how she responds. I'm going to be putting up cameras, too.

This is the last thing I need in my life. Who wants to get embroiled in something like this when healing from a panic disorder as I am... :( But you're right. I have no choice.

• Like 1
The Dude Abides

Do you like dogs? How about a large dog, like a German Shepherd or Belgian Malinois?

I'm serious. Let a furry friend do all of your negotiating from now on.