Man who raped me wants to be friends on Facebook, why would someone do that?

Sarah1609

2 weeks ago I went to the beach with my friends to celebrate my birthday, I almost never drink alcohol but I though that maybe that was an special occasion so I drank and i started to feel so bad that I went to the room to sleep before my friends (we were staying in a hotel) the only thing I remember was that i passed out in my bed and then when I regained consciousness a little there was a man that was also staying in the hotel (i spoke only 5 minutes with him that day because he approached me when I was in the pool during the morning and i only knew his first name). I felt petrified, he left and then i started crying and i tell my friends.

They convinced me to reported to the police and the hotel gave his personal information to the police.

That was 2 weeks ago and yesterday I received a friend request from him on Facebook, I do not understand, I reported him with the police, he is sued by me. I feel in shock.

He's trying to intimidate you OR make it look like you are a willing friend/participant. Do NOT, let him on your facebook and block him and report this to police immediately. Through Facebook or the hotel or both, they can find out who he is. This is info the police need right now.

• Like 2

I'm so sorry Sarah. Do you think it's possible that he put something in your drink?

You have good advice here. Block him and call the police.

Take care.

• Author
I'm so sorry Sarah. Do you think it's possible that he put something in your drink?

You have good advice here. Block him and call the police.

Take care.

I do not think so, i am not used to drink alcohol and that day I did not eat much.

You must report everything as soon as it happens -- everything. Take screenshots of the friend request and submit with your report. Save everything.

It's actually even more sick then that. He wants to be friends because he doesn't think he raped you. He thinks it was something else, that you wanted it, that you asked for it, that you consented even though if you were that drunk / passed out you lacked the legal capacity to consent.

Your situation mirrors something grotesque being played out on an international stage. Please don't wait 35 years to go to the police.

• Like 1

Yes there are rapist who are the type that think it was a date. But he might also just be trying to make it look like you have a voluntary relationship with him in case you reported it or he may already know you reported it. either way you got the block him and report it to the police.

I am sorry about what happened to you.

Are you getting counseling? Please do!

I think this guy is trying to befriend you on facebook either to

Threaten you

or

Beg you to drop the charges

Or

apologize and pretend he didn't know you didn't want it.

I don't know!

What a despicable man!

Either case, report him to the police again.

That was 2 weeks ago and yesterday I received a friend request from him on Facebook, I do not understand, I reported him with the police, he is sued by me. I feel in shock.

You definitely should report that to the police. One can only speculate as to why he would send a friend request to somebody who has reported him for rape, but I would think that friend request of his could be a useful piece of evidence for the prosecution. Sending a friend request to somebody who has made an official complaint of rape against him demonstrates that this is a person with a serious lack of boundaries.

Yes report him to the police. Maybe they can set up a sting operation where he thinks he is going to meet you but get's there and it's them with an arrest warrant. Do it, he belongs in jail.