Was this domestic violence?

Tuutuu22

My boyfriend and I were just arguing in his car and he stopped at the stop sign and I got out and he kept the car rolling to hurt me so I slammed the door and now I am home crying he wont leave me alone. Is this considered physical abuse? I am scared

Edited by Tuutuu22

It sounds abusive to me.

Whether it is physical, emotional, psychological, or verbal abuse...it's still abuse. Society, for the most part, places more emphasis on physical abuse, but all types of abuse are dangerous.

It was a stupid move on his part to accelerate the car as you were stepping out.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

Based on several of your threads I'm read, your boyfriend is abusive and very immature. I don't think it's healthy and you need to get out

• Like 1

Yes, it's abusive because he could have hurt you very badly if you had been hit by the car or dragged along by it. He is stupid at the very least. You have been complaining about this guy's behaviour for some time. He does not care about your feelings. He does not have empathy for you. You were right in that you could leave him, be 19, have fun and meet someone much better for you.

• Like 1

Yes, for sure. He used force (the car) to try to hurt you....that's the definition of violence.

• Like 1

I agree with everyone else. And no...it absolutely does not matter what you were arguing about or what words were exchanged. What HE chose to do was not justifiable. Period.

• Like 1