Husband hit me

adna89

My husband just hit me during än argument in a car. .this is the second time ,last time he cried and regret ut,,right now we do not talk. I am pregnant with our first and just dont know what to do

My husband just hit me during än argument in a car. .this is the second time ,last time he cried and regret ut,,right now we do not talk. I am pregnant with our first and just dont know what to do

Remove yourself from him.

Go and stay with a friend or a relative.

If that isn't possible, find out if there's a women's refuge in your area, and go there.

Do this now.

Take care.

• Like 11

Call your family members to come pick you up. Wait until he goes to work, then call them. Don't leave while he is there because it will cause a scene. If he starts threatening you call the police ASAP. Think what this type of stress is doing to your baby. Please protect it.

I don't care how much he cries and apologizes it WILL HAPPEN AGAIN! Once they start hitting you and get away with it, it never stops. GET OUT NOW!

• Like 3

You leave. Period. You go to a family's home, a friend's home, a women's shelter. And you stay there. Perhaps you file charges and let him face the legal consequences. You don't go back to him. You only consider going back to him after he's completed the necessary counseling to fix himself AND after the two of you have completed the necessary counseling to fix the way the two of you interact with one another.

Best of luck to you, OP...you're responsible for two lives...NOT three.

• Like 5

Leave OP. He did it TWICE. He'll do it a third time...

I can't tell you how angry it makes me feel to hear about it, a 'man' physically abusing his pregnant wife...

Are your parents supportive? Maybe you can try that route, unless you feel very threatened, if so just call a hotline...

• Like 3

I'm so sorry.

You need to leave. I agree that if he's hit you twice, there will be a third time.

• Like 4

Look, they ALWAYS cry and beg afterwards. But they NEVER change, and they actually get worse as they get older.

You cannot subject your child to living in an abusive household, so you must get out. Go to family at once. Do it while he's at work. Start sneaking things out or mailing them to your parents's house little by little, then leave while he's at work. You should have reported this to the police because he may really get mean once you leave. So please get out and then report him to the police to set a record so if he does try to do it again.

I'm very sorry, but do NOT let this pregnancy stop you from leaving. This is an emergency and that's when friends and family should be glad to shelter you.

Please contact an abuse hotline or look at the ones online for domestic violence because they will have tips on how to leave safely. And you might even get in a shelter. He will only get worse. Get out!

• Like 4

I grew up watching abuse happen - look how I turned out. My siblings also have their host of issues.

It doesn't stop, it gets worst and worst your children seeing it is gonna mess them up for life.

Please, get out. NOW

whichwayisup

Since this is the second time he's hit you, time to leave. I'm so sorry and I'm sure this isn't easy for you to consider but you have an innocent baby inside you that needs protection. Next time he hits you, you could end up in the hospital not only doing damage to you but your unborn child.

There's NO excuse for his abuse. None.

Talk to your family and go to them. DO NOT go back to the house alone, make sure friends or family are with you. Also consider calling the cops about this.

• Like 1
bluefeather

If you stay, think of your child and the life he or she will come into with a person who does this. I don't even think once can be considered a mistake here, but twice is definitely a habit. For the sake of your child, you cannot allow yourself to be around a person like that. Going to the authorities can help ensure that he stays away.

• Like 2

It's strange how abuse starts when a woman becomes pregnant...statistics show. I almost lost my baby when my first husband beat me. It doesn't get any better.

Get out NOW! You can always do bad by yourself.

• Like 1
amaysngrace

Take pictures of any marks he left on you but don't let him know you took them. Plan your escape from him if you can't safely leave right now.

But you should definitely leave him before that baby is born or your baby may be next.

• Like 2

Adna you haven't been back since you posted. I hope you're ok.

Nobody hits a pregnant woman lawfully anywhere in my world.

Call the cops, make him accountable for his behaviour. Be brave, be strong.

Somehow I doubt you are...., you haven't come back to this post. I'm guessing you're being given excuses, apologies and explanations for his hidious behaviour?

Realize if you accept this behaviour as normal and expose your child to it willingly you are just as guilty.

Think hard about where you are going.

Good luck!

bathtub-row

It doesn't matter if you're pregnant with your 1st child or your 10th, there should be no more conversation about this. He has shown you who he is and what he's capable of. If you stay, you are basically saying that you're ok with you and your child living in this situation.

And, btw, he is no different than all other abusive guys out there. They're all sorry, they're all remorseful -- at first. Give him a couple of weeks and he'll decide that it was some of your fault. Give it a month, and it'll be all your fault. These people are completely, 100% unfixable. What you see right now is just a small glimpse of what you will be dealing with for the rest of your life. Because it WILL get worse. Do yourself and your child a huge favor and stop being a victim.

It's your decision. No one else's.

bathtub-row
It's strange how abuse starts when a woman becomes pregnant...statistics show. I almost lost my baby when my first husband beat me. It doesn't get any better.

Get out NOW! You can always do bad by yourself.

I'm so sorry to hear that you went through that. Hugs.

bathtub-row
Nobody hits a pregnant woman lawfully anywhere in my world. Call the cops, make him accountable for his behaviour.

This is absolute fact and bears repeating.

Adna, do you know how it works? Men who hit during the first few years of marriage continue to hit - MORE. Because you stayed.

The ONLY way he would ever stop hitting you is if you LEAVE HIM.

That's how it works.

If you don't want to get hit again, call your parents and ask them to come get you. Make him go through months, or years, of therapy and MAYBE he might be able to come out of it a better person.

But if you stay?

He has no reason to stop hitting you MORE.

• Like 1

First hit -- take action and dont wait for the next hit. Second , third will happen and then become regular.

Real men dont need to lift a finger.

seekingpeaceinlove

First, I'm very sorry that you're in this situation. I've briefly looked at your previous posts and you have a very troubled marriage. You posted in Dec, " He becomes like a different person when angry." In that post you were upset that your husband, in anger, said to you that his ex was prettier and that he loved her.

Your husband has been verbally and now has become physically abusive. This is escalating and WLL NOT GET ANY BETTER.

What man hits a woman? An angry, out of control man.

What man hits a pregnant woman? An angry, out of control man.

His pleading, crying, begging and apologizing will NOT change your situation. He will hit you again. He will verbally abuse you again if you do not leave. Reach out to your family or friends and ask for help. Google the local woman's shelter and contact them asap.

You have a chance to save yourself and your children from this angry-out-of-control-man before it gets worse. IT WILL GET WORSE.

If anything, think about that little precious life growing in you and how you must do everything to protect him/her. Use that as fuel to seek help. You need to do this now. Urgently. Read back to your other posts..you know your husband will not change and he becoming more abusive.

I hope you're still around reading these posts. Do not take the advice lightly...this is serious.

overseas2004

You do not need to leave your house... he does. Go get a protective order. The sheriff will remove him from your house for 180 days. That will give you the time you need to figure out what to do.

If you stay, you will only be telling your husband that it is ok to hit you.

I have seen couples who have gone through this and instances where the person stops abusing the woman, but only when the woman stands up for herself. IF you do nothing, you will become a beaten woman.

SaveYourHeart

Worried that something could have happened to OP, I know on other sites, it is possible for the people running it to get basic info, where she posted from or the email address she's using to report for a welfare check. Is that an option here?

Looks like the thread starter has responded in quite a while, we'll close this up and if she wants it re-opened she can alert on my post and have us do it, thanks all who participated.