Real life example of 'what could happen' would me......

ladybug1984

Call me FORTUNATE, I guess, but the R I had didn't have an opportunity to evolve where I was with him DAILY due to a variety of circumstances, so I only got bits and pieces of POTENTIAL abuse/borderline-abusive behaviors (not physical, but emotional, mental, and sexual - if you call 'pressuring' abuse). I have been NC for several months and still struggle, but am getting there (in part due to some of the support I have gotten here - thank you, friends! I think I never really grasped what COULD have happened and how bad it COULD have been. If I really understood, that might be enough to keep me away forever. I know nobody can predict the future, especially of someone on the internet that you don't know from Adam, but wondering if anyone could share THEIR experiences or experiences they have heard of what COULD happen in these types of R's so maybe I will 'scare' myself away forever, lol. I have done a lot of reflection and I think what kept me there was thinking ME - I - Ladybug - would be THE ONE that would change him, even though he has been like this for 30 years and with multiple women. ME. I would be the one. Please share some 'what could have been' stories so I can understand the seriousness of the matter. I think I need a reality check.

Sometimes when you have a big need to rescue someone it's because you need that validation.

It can also be used as a distraction to avoid addressing your own issues.