I need help my with my g/f's parents

begentle

Me and my girl have been going out for over a year and her father is kind of abusive. Before I even knew her I guess he used to like really hit her hard and I mean full force in the face. Well my g/f has told some ppl and they all tell her that she is lieing or she is just doing it to get attention she even told her principal and he even said (YA RIGHT). About a while before we started going out I guess he also threw her down the stairs and pretty much messed it up a little and she says it still kind of hurts thats one of the things I'm affraid that could happen again. He hasn't really hit her since I have been going out with her except for once when she had a bit of a black eye which she coverd it up pretty good with makeup. Since he hasn't hit her or anything now which I'm very happy he yells at her and I mean yell She told me one time that he yelled at her so bad that she had to hind behind her hope chest in fear that he would hurt her. My g/f's mother has seen some of this and doesn't do much sometimes she just says stop and he does it anyway and she just doesn't say anything. Her mother on the other hand pretty much makes fun of her non-stop like calling her fat and everything else I don't get it I mean she's very beautifull and I MEAN BEAUTIFUL but all her mom can say is she is fat and needs to loose about 10 to 20 lbs. I tell my g/f that she doesn't need to worry she's beautiful no matter what to me and she has no reason to loose weight.

Well back to her father, her father is about lets say about 60 I'd say and is about 6 feet tall he used to be in the navy and everything but when he gets mad he gets mad and from what I've seen so far when he's not happy he's not happy. Honstely I have never seen him hit her but I know he has since that black eye I saw. Well I've already told her to say something to DHS but everytime she calls them up they tell her the same thing Nope can't do anything about it. I'm gettin very sick of what he does and her mother also my g/f doesn't need this in her life with all the stuff that is already going on. I don't know if I should just bring her to my house or what by the way she's 17 and I'm the same. I just don't know what to do I don't want her to get seriously hurt and end up dead I would appriciate it if you would help me ty.

What the father is doing is against the law. Call the police and report it! It's domestic violence AND child abuse (cuz she's still a minor) but anyway you slice it, it's against the law.

Call the police, report it.

Good luck!

My ex-fiancee was abused by her mom during her teen years. She would have bruises all over her body. At 17, she ran away to her dad's. Her mom was going to try to get her back but her lawyer told her it was a lost cause, since she was turning 18 soon. You and her need to contact the authorities and let them know if she is going to be living with you. Be prepare to deal with alot. Years later I ended up taking alot of abuse from my ex, even though I was extremely supportive. Some people who are abused don't know how to deal with taking love and will push the ones closest to them away. She needs to get into counciling as well.