Anyone see the Montel Williams show today??

appalled

Anyone see the Montel Williams show today? (Monday)

It was about the girl who was allegedly abducted by her 18 yr old b/f when she was 11.

My question: why was a child of 11 years messing around with (sleeping with) a man who is 18? She was pregnant before he allegedly "forced" her on a plane with an ID with a picture he just "happen to get."

Anyway, my point is how can children at such young ages become sexually involved with older men and not expect problems to arise? It was sickening that he would do what he did to her as well, but she does share the blame in what happened to herself as well.

Any thoughts?

That just proves that young children are becomming sexually active at a verry young age this is a common problem everywhere, I wish I had a solution........

Didn't see the show, did the man get convicted?

Dulce_Angel_Whispers

i almost posted something similar but saw this post and edited mine yes I think it's terrible that parents aren't more responsible and don't teach their kids more self respect (but sometimes that doesn't even help)

I did see the show and think some of what the girl said was really sad but some of it she did bring on herself! Come on Mexico is hard working place he probably told his parents she came willing at first and that's why they wanted her to earn her keep but then they were way wrong to "force her back at gun point"

It's good she came home but that should be a wake up call for other young girls thinking it's cool to sleep with older guys!

she does share the blame in what happened to herself as well

I think it's unrealistic to expect a kid of 11 to exercise adult-style judgement. If they were capable of that, they'd have been granted the vote long ago.

sportsloving

What happened that the parents didn't know/care that their 11 year old child was involved (sexually or otherwise) with an 18 year old?

Dulce_Angel_Whispers

The Mom knew and asked him to stay away yet he lived across the street from them and the the mom never told the girl to stay away from the guy, seems to me she didn't try very hard to keep her daughter "safe"

amethyst79

I did not see this show; therefore, I hadn't planned to comment. However, I'm amazed that you people say the 11-year-old "shares blame" for what happened! Do you not know the meaning of the phrase "sexual abuse"??? She was a CHILD...he was an ADULT!

As for mom not "protecting" her very well, it's not always possible to keep kids out of danger. We would have to plant them in a plastic bubble at birth.

I was molested by a neighbor from the age of 4 until I turned 9. My mother tried her best to protect me, but she failed. That does NOT make it my mother's fault. The fact that I "allowed" him to do it does NOT make it my fault. I was TOO YOUNG to understand what was going on. HE was the ADULT...HE was the one who should've known better...HE was to blame.

I don't care what the circumstances are in an abuse case: A child is NEVER responsible for being abused! NEVER!