My cousin just told me she was sexually abused what can i do

samm27

I hope that I can get some answers. Please help me.

My cousin, 22, and I,20, live in different states. We are very close; she is like a sister to me. She lives with her husband and baby boy, and she doesn't really get any emotional support from her mother.

She called me today and she was just devastated. She was crying and I did not know what to do.

She started telling me that when we were kids, one of my cousins (from my mother's side of the family, not related to her) sexually abused her on more than one occasion. She did not want to tell me because she thought I'd be mad at her and she did not want to lose me. Other than my grandmother, I was the only person she has told about this.

She also told me that in the past she had suicidal thoughts, and now that she is older she thought she had gotten over this traumatic experience, however today she just couldn't live with herself anymore and needed to talk to someone.

I am not very good with words, I'm not very open emotionally.

I told her that it wasn't her fault, that she didn't have to worry about me judging her or blaming her for nothing. She was like a sister to me and I did not want her to keep on suffering with this horrible thing inside of her and I didn't want her to hurt herself. I wanted her to be safe.

I told her to get professional help, talk to her husband about this so he can be there to support her also. I told her to call me any time she felt bad, I was here for her.

She told me she was scared that they could take her baby away because of of her thoughts about suicide.

I really don't know what to do; I just want to be there for her, but i dont know how?

I'm so desperate to help her I'm thinking about buying a plane ticket and go to her.