Grown with children and parents still control me...where do I get help?

padresgrl1

I have a horrible problem right now with parents that control my life even now after I have grown and have children of my own, they continue to try and horribly disfigure my life. Are there any organizations on line that speak to this issue and where I might find support?

Thank you

Sweetartedcoco2002

i am sure u can talk to them about it, if they dont wanta speak about it there is always consuling or u can do what i do ignore it an go on, i am proud of me, i am proud of my choices so therefore what they try to do to run things i just smile n ignore it n go on with whatever it was that i was doing, talkin to them might help, there might be some sites too go to dogpile n type in overcontroling parents i am sure u will get alot of results....good luck,and remember if ur happy n content w ur life u shouldnt let others bother u :bunny:

Padre,

I guess the bottom line is.....no one control you unless you let them. If your parents aren't supporting you financially and you don't live with them....there really isn't anything they can do but give you their 'opinion'. It may even take moving elsewhere.

My Mom was very strong willed and really ran my early adult years. She was shocked when FINALLY I said something to her about it.....she had no idea how she over-rode me on so many deicisions. She said I should have mentioned it early on. Maybe your parents truly think they are 'helping you' and 'saving you from bad decisions'.