Abuse

sunny95842

I am so very, very sorry that that happened to you. I don't know the factors that lead to this, but I do feel comfortable in saying the following. It probably had absoutely nothing to do with you. It sounds like he has a severe problem. There are very, very, very, very few things that one person can do to cause another person to try to choke them.

Kudos to you for calling the police. Do you have people in your life who can emotionally support you?

• 2 weeks later...

He more than likely ran out of tools in his "control box." Abuse escaltes along a continuum, ending in extreme physical violence.

I've also been choked when my ex could no longer control me with the old techniques.

It's not you. I know you know that, but you need to hear it! Repeat it to yourself. Even if you had done something to provoke him, (and you didn't!) you did nothing to deserve what he did. He crossed the line. Period.

Get away. Stay away. It will get worse, always. You and I both escaped getting killed. I wouldn't give him another chance to finish the job.

Hugs. Go to the Battered Womens' Shelter. They have great group counseling. It makes a huge difference when you know you aren't alone.

And you aren't.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The reason he choked you is because he is sick and only cares about CONTROL. He does not and can NOT love you at this point. Maybe ten yrs down the road if HE admits he needs help and is ashamed of his actions, which is 1% likely to happen. Is is not ANYTHING u have done, AT ALL. Like I said , its about control. Take ur control back. Get away from him now. Before its too late : (