I hate my parents - why do they abuse me?

ilikesunita

ilikesunita

My mom and dad make me angry, sometimes I wish they would die (waits for horror, but emotions are always valid :p:eek::eek:)

I hate the way they continually lie to me, and always tell me falsehoods. I hate they way they lack the common sense to follow basic social norms and have this stupid mystic thinking of life.

how old are you? Can you get involved with your life (work, socializing, etc) to a point where you curtail interaction with them? Sometimes that's the best way to deal with people who are detrimental to your psychological well-being.

also, do you have friends or family who model health interpersonal relationships with others? There's no rule saying you can't adopt them as your extended family and develop good, healthy, loving relationships with them.

If your parents are truly physically abusing you, then you should inform your school counselor, and she will get them some counseling and provide whatever protection you need to stay safe. If they are being just emotionally abusive, you need to learn to stay out of their way and have minimal verbal contact. Unfortunately, some parents really suck at parenting, and you just gotta bide your time until you become an adult and can move out.

• Author
ilikesunita
how old are you? Can you get involved with your life (work, socializing, etc) to a point where you curtail interaction with them? Sometimes that's the best way to deal with people who are detrimental to your psychological well-being.

also, do you have friends or family who model health interpersonal relationships with others? There's no rule saying you can't adopt them as your extended family and develop good, healthy, loving relationships with them.

No, I don't.

• Author
ilikesunita

So suck up and take it? wow, you're sympathetic.

not sure how suggesting finding/making friends to create a healthy, loving relationship with is telling you to "suck up and take it." That's the last flippin' thing I'd advise ANYONE to do when it means having your psychological well-being at risk!!!

So suck up and take it? wow, you're sympathetic.

Virtually everything she said was either a way to help you cope or a way of changing your situation for the better, and even one suggestion to "curtail your interaction with them."

How in the world did you get "suck up and take it" from that?

Sounds to me that the OP has already taken on his parents mental attitude just thru the remarks. I feel sorry that this OP has fallen into that way of thinking yet when its a closed mind, it takes ALOT of WD-40 to open it to new ideas or opportunities to change the circumstance.

My bad- just researched this poster and they are an honored member of the troll party. Enough said .

• Author
ilikesunita
not sure how suggesting finding/making friends to create a healthy, loving relationship with is telling you to "suck up and take it." That's the last flippin' thing I'd advise ANYONE to do when it means having your psychological well-being at risk!!!

not you. I did not respond negatively to your specific point, did I?

bentnotbroken
not you. I did not respond negatively to your specific point, did I?

Yes you did. You need more help than anyone on this board or maybe even on earth can give you.

gogozodbrpcc

very nice - thanks :)

<a href=http://www.usearticles.info/latest-kind-natural-hotels-green-introduced-credentials-inside-european-capitals.html>kosher hotels in israel</a> | <a href=http://pressreleasetimes.org/a-deluxe-holiday-retreat-for-almost-any-time/>discount hotels in israel</a> | <a href=http://ezarticlesdb.com/Art/29567/53/A-Whole-New-Kind-Of-Natural-Hotels-Green-Introduced-His-Credentials-From-The-European-Capitals.html>hotels in israel haifa</a>

• Author
ilikesunita
Yes you did. You need more help than anyone on this board or maybe even on earth can give you.

I mean the other poster, not him.