Would slamming doors be consider violent?

MikeIsTireAlready

MikeIsTireAlready

It's my younger sister that does that when she argues with either me, my mother or once with her fiance. She never hits but only slams doors very hard and in anger while telling us to **** off along with swearing words. It's when she doesn't want to hear something.

It's my younger sister that does that when she argues with either me, my mother or once with her fiance. She never hits but only slams doors very hard and in anger while telling us to **** off along with swearing words. It's when she doesn't want to hear something.

It sounds to me like she might have some anger issues. Door slamming I would not say is violent unless of course she slams the door on someone. Now, One thing to keep in mind here, is if her anger continues, she could become violent. I think your best bet would be to get her some counseling. Best wishes.

Mea:)

laRubiaBonita

my older sis is/ was a door slammer..... she wopuld stomp off all in a huff scream "i hate this family!!!!" at the top of her lungs and then slam her door shut.

she has broken two door frames and once she slammed the door so hard the AC vent fell out of the wall and hit her on the head!!!!! she kinda learned a lesson with that!

we all thought it was kinda funny how upset she would get over the smallest things- and laughing just pissed her off even more!

she has pretty much grown out of it.

I do not think it's abuse, except for to the door frame.

I think the fact that she is leaving you and slamming the door.. probably to be alone is a good thing.

Id be much more worried if she were screaming and calling names for a long time, but instead she is isolating herself when she gets mad, which demonstrates self control.. i wish my ex could have done that before saying things I will never forgive him for.

I don't think its abuse until it crosses the violence line.. (towards another person.. or intimidation, such as throwing things) or the emotionally line.. (calling names or insulting)

Hang in there, It wouldn't hurt to have her get some cousseling.

If she slams the door in someone's face.. then yes it's violent.. but just slamming the door... is more about having anger issues.. and lack of control on her emotions.. it might never lead to physical violence.. but it's not right.. she should get some kind of help..

I'm guessing she's pretty young. Your parents should let her know that this isn't acceptable behaviour and if she continues, there will be consequences. If she damages the door or causes any damage, not only will there be negative consequences, she'll have to pay for the damage, if it takes her 100 years.

I sometime used to do the door-slamming thing when I was going through some teenage angst. This is more than likely about her own frustrations with herself and is a way of venting all that. Not great but it will pass.

Though my dad does like to reminisce that nobody has ever managed to slam a door quite as hard as me :laugh:

when i was a teenager i slammed a door or two.

It was a frustration thing for me.

Unless she is hitting people, i wouldn't class it as violence.

Sometimes i'd have a lot of frustration and anger inside and doing something like slamming a door, breaking glass, kicking the wall etc would help to diffuse it.

A few years ago i found i had alot of pent up energy and frustration, so I joined a gym. it was amazing, physical activity works wonders for relieving stress.

Not saying this would work in your case, but i certainly found it very helpfull.

Edited by Stroon
spelling mistake