LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Quoting multiple posts


LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd September 2006, 6:41 PM   #1
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 614
Quoting multiple posts

How in the world do you quote multiple posts, or quote multiple times from a single post?

When you are replying, you can only click "Quote" one time. So I'm wondering if there is a way to click "Quote" many times. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense....
TheSilentType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 6:48 PM   #2
Established Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentType View Post
How in the world do you quote multiple posts, or quote multiple times from a single post?

When you are replying, you can only click "Quote" one time. So I'm wondering if there is a way to click "Quote" many times. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense....

Highlight the part you want to quote, then press the cream coloured speech bubble in the toolbar (third from the left).
lindya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 6:50 PM   #3
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 614
Thanks Lindya. You are my LS technical expert....really, I'm so lazy to look up these things.

And now that you've told me how to do it, I can't believe it was so obvious. I didn't even consider that button before.
TheSilentType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 6:59 PM   #4
Established Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentType View Post
Thanks Lindya. You are my LS technical expert....really, I'm so lazy to look up these things.

And now that you've told me how to do it, I can't believe it was so obvious. I didn't even consider that button before.

I'm not sure that I have the greatest grasp of technical terms, but that can be a positive advantage when trying to assist other technophobes. I know that when people start giving me IT lingo laden explanations, small bombs begin exploding inside my brain.
lindya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 9:51 PM   #5
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 9,662
If you want to quote different people, press the "" sign (quotation mark next to 'alert us') below each post then click "quote."
RecordProducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 11:23 PM   #6
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sesame Street
Posts: 5,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindya View Post
Quote:
Highlight the
part you want to quote,
Quote:
then press the cream coloured
speech
Quote:
bubble in th
e toolbar (third from the left).
i got it thanks L.
__________________
it's easy to feel beaten down by logic. -Quankanne
tinktronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 9:06 PM   #7
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 614
Just trying out this quote thing again

Quote:
How in the world do you quote multiple posts
Quote:
I'm so lazy to look up these things
TheSilentType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 9:08 PM   #8
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentType View Post
Just trying out this quote thing again
How in the world do you quote multiple posts,

quote multiple times from a single post?
TheSilentType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 9:10 PM   #9
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecordProducer View Post
If you want to quote different people, press the "" sign (quotation mark next to 'alert us') below each post then click "quote."

I still don't get this.

What's the "" button next to the Quote button? What about that button that's next to the "" button - what's that?

And how do I quote so that I can have the person's name show up?

I can't believe this is so difficult.
TheSilentType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 9:11 PM   #10
Established Member
 
Art_Critic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 30,790
For every post you want to quote click the "" button then hit post reply..
__________________
~~ One day someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else.. ~~
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 9:14 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Almost at the beach!
Posts: 17,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentType View Post
How in the world do you quote multiple posts,

quote multiple times from a single post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentType View Post
How in the world do you quote multiple posts, or quote multiple times from a single post?

When you are replying, you can only click "Quote" one time. So I'm wondering if there is a way to click "Quote" many times. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecordProducer View Post
If you want to quote different people, press the "" sign (quotation mark next to 'alert us') below each post then click "quote."
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentType View Post
I still don't get this.

What's the "" button next to the Quote button? What about that button that's next to the "" button - what's that?

And how do I quote so that I can have the person's name show up?

I can't believe this is so difficult.

I'm just testing too. Don't feel bad, Silent. I never really got it either.
Touche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 9:17 PM   #12
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,131
Reply:

This should be of help.

On the bottom of each message in a thread there is:

: Alert : Quote: " icon : other weird button:

Click on...( " ) icon for each post you want to quote. It will turn a peach color.

Then scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on red button "Post Reply".

It should work.

Sand&Water
Sand&Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 9:34 PM   #13
Established Member
 
LaughMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,005
Well because It's possible to accidently do that. I've done it a cuple of times and because what happens is I click post, and it says " you have to wait 60 seconds before balhablh" So I wait my 60 seconds and post it after waiting. Thats how it happens...People aren't just going to post multiple posts twice. Common sense should kick in and tell you that you can't help it sometimes
__________________
In shallow waters, shrimp make fool of dragons- virtual fortune cookie


Blend the perfect bundle : ]
LaughMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 9:40 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Almost at the beach!
Posts: 17,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche View Post
I'm just testing too. Don't feel bad, Silent. I never really got it either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_Critic View Post
For every post you want to quote click the "" button then hit post reply..
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughMachine View Post
Well because It's possible to accidently do that. I've done it a cuple of times and because what happens is I click post, and it says " you have to wait 60 seconds before balhablh" So I wait my 60 seconds and post it after waiting. Thats how it happens...People aren't just going to post multiple posts twice. Common sense should kick in and tell you that you can't help it sometimes
Hey LM...I think you're talking about something different than what Silent was asking about.

But anyway, I FINALLY get it now. I'm so used to doing it the long way that it will be nice to use that feature.
Touche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 9:42 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Almost at the beach!
Posts: 17,558
Oh oh...why did it do that above? I didn't hit those quote buttons again but it quoted those from my test from earlier. Damn! Here I thought I had this figured out finally! Wonder what I did wrong? I only hit reply to LM's post and all those other quotes appeared.
Touche is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need some help with quoting JadeStar LoveShack.org Questions and Comments 5 2nd January 2006 10:57 AM
Husband quoting my LoveShack posts.... VivianLee Separation and Divorce 10 7th December 2004 4:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.