LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Need some help with quoting

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st December 2005, 3:40 PM   #1
Established Member

Need some help with quoting

How do you quote what others say? I know how to quote, by hitting the quote button for the whole thing somsone has typed, but mean like say theres just a portion or a sentence I want to pull and quote, not a whole post.

Jade

~Dr. Suess~
JadeStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2005, 5:01 PM   #2
Established Member

After you hit the quote button, you go into the box and you erase what you do not want to quote from the person. Easy as that.
Old 31st December 2005, 5:23 PM   #3
Established Member

Or, copy what you want to quote from the post, paste it into your reply box, highlight it, and hit the 'quote' button (2nd from right on top)
Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2006, 10:11 AM   #4
Established Member

Oh ok cool thanks!
JadeStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2006, 10:53 AM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast
Or, copy what you want to quote from the post, paste it into your reply box, highlight it, and hit the 'quote' button (2nd from right on top)
It would be nice if people could include the name of the poster, because I often read the quote and then have to work through the whole thread to find the original quote and the associated poster.

In order to have the name of the original poster appear in the quote, add "=username" to the beginning quote tag:

[q u o t e=username]text[/q u o t e]
loony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2006, 10:57 AM   #6

I have to agree with Loony when you post the sentence only it doesn't post the quote so if you post the sentence it is best to quote the person also !!!
lilmoma1973 is offline   Reply With Quote