LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Database error - site outage Jan 22/23

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:26 AM   #1
Established Member

Database error - site outage Jan 22/23

I couldn't sleep. So I tried to log on between 3:00 a.m. & 5:00 a.m. EST this morning & got a data base error.

What was up with that? Was the system undergoing maintenance or something?
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:36 AM   #2
Established Member

It was like that until at least 9:30 EST.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:39 AM   #3
Established Member

Oh no - really?? I believe the site was down for a few months last year also.
And there are a few threads that talk about the site owner, who apparently isn’t very involved anymore. So - I’m not hoping that -, but I’m expecting maybe that this site is going to shut down for good at some point in the near future.

This is me being super-negative today ..... ����
Artdeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:44 AM   #4
Established Member

It crashed after 9 pm last night. I was right in the middle of posting something when it crashed. I hope they get it all sorted out soon.
Rayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:51 AM   #5
Established Member

Too much caffeine would be my guess.
Normm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 12:13 PM   #6
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Best guess is the outage occurred from around midnight EST to 10am EST this morning. No clue as to why. Main web site page worked so it wasn't a payment issue. Robert texted Paul when he came on duty around 6:30am EST. No sign of Paul logging in. Perhaps it was a Google thing since the forum runs on Google now. In any event, sorry for the interruption!
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 12:21 PM   #7
Established Member

To William:

Thank you for the information/update.

Please reconsider leaving LS, you are valued and will be very much missed!!
Old 23rd January 2019, 12:22 PM   #8
Established Member

I also tried to sign in around 5 with no luck and thought LS was down again! Glad she survived!
LivingWaterPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 12:35 PM   #9
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

@HappyLemming, thanks for the vote of confidence but in reality Robert is far more diplomatic and effective than I am. Some of the invectives I spewed to Paul directly back when the subscription system was messing up and members were being double billed and he wasn't fixing it I doubt he'll ever forget.

Since the forum software runs in the dark ages as far as presentation, my bet is Google was doing routine maintenance and took the site offline and we have no parallel database in operation that I know of. Usually, there's a maintenance page which comes up during such periods but LS is, well, old-fashioned so people get an error message instead.

As example, though members never saw it, when Paul was porting a backup of what you all see to the new forum which only he and moderation have seen, that forum went down for a few days at a time. All we got was an error message when trying to log in. That forum was running on the same web host, Google Cloud Services, just a different domain. It took that long to back up and format the entire database and port it to the new software. As we did more work on the forum and it got more complex, the ports took even longer. That's my recollection anyway. The domains are still there but they time out now, nothing to access. My guess is the interim license on the software expired. Don't know for sure though.

I'm sure once I'm gone, Robert or Tristian will keep people informed. Robert works in the industry so is far more technology savvy than myself. It'll work out.
William is offline   Reply With Quote