LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Miss Carhills posts

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2019, 11:15 AM   #16
Established Member

I liked Carhill post too. Sorry to see you go although itís perfectly understandable. The new flaws of the site after the outage last year made me somehow lose interest in the site. Truly a shame because otherwise most members are fine and thoughtful.

Itís a pity Paul has again left the building after leaving us hoping for a newer outlet. I donít wish LS to die again but Iím afraid it may happen. Best of luck to the new moderation team.
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2019, 12:30 PM   #17
Established Member

When I joined LS, it was almost two years after my late husband passed. I was waking up. I know that I was heck on wheels (more so than now.)
Thank you William/Carhill for your patience. You have tremendous compassion and patience.

Thank you.
Timshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 8:35 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Unfortunately, once Paul abandoned us again after we'd worked hard on the new site software and dealt with the fallout of the site outage, I decided I'd had enough.

I can't say I blame you. All your hard volunteer work and all you get back is silence from the site owner. Talk about lack of gratitude. With the site owner AWOL for months I expect to see another outage, and the next time probably will be the last.

Last edited by Normm; 23rd January 2019 at 8:37 PM..
Normm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2019, 5:43 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
I'm focused on the current tasks in the moderation area so this will be my last contribution to the discussion. Good luck!
Didn't always agree with everything you posted but appreciated the civil manner in which it was presented. Thanks for your efforts behind the scenes...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 12:50 AM   #20
Established Member

Thank you William

I haven't been here very long but since your leaving at the end of the month I wanted to thank you for all that you have done for this sight and provide others a place to thank you as well. I know it can't be easy being a moderator... so thanks!
Rayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 2:39 AM   #21
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Glad I could help out. I spent the last hour or two combing through the entire Q&C forum, you'll note I bumped up and merged a couple old threads on quoting posts that are now visible on the first page here, and was pretty amazed at how much the administrators and staff have done at least back to 2003 where I started reading.

Pretty amazing resource. Members like yourself are who create that value. God willing, I hope it continues for some time into the future. Hopefully the forum has been helpful.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 10:26 AM   #22
Established Member

William certainly has been helpful to the site, Robert too and now Tristian.

I can’t imagine what this forum would be without their dedication in cleaning these areas of trolls and spammers. Thanks for the good work and your input under your regular account username.

Glad to have known you W even online. All the best and Adios!
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 10:29 AM   #23
Established Member

Here here! Thank you so much for your service William!
Old 30th January 2019, 10:34 AM   #24
Established Member

I'm going to miss you too William. I wish you the best!
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 10:45 AM   #25
Established Member

Haha, William has always been hard on me...But in his defense, since I was able to talk my mom would always say, just because you think it doesn't mean you have to say it.

Good luck to you William, you will be missed.
DKT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 11:01 AM   #26
Established Member

Thanks for everything, William!
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 1:49 PM   #27

Virtual Farewell Party to William/Carhill

If Iím not mistaken, today is the last day for William/Carhill. Since we canít set up a virual reality farewell party before the 5G age, Iím now starting a thread as his farewell party.

Let me preface this by saying that, like many, I personally donít always agree with his moderation. But I also realize that not being able to please most posters is just the nature of his difficult job on here. Anyway, just wanted to say thank you; very impressed with you diligence. I wonder if you work on this site pretty much 24/7 minus sleep hours Do you have plans for after retiring from LS? Anyway, whatever your plans are, I wish you all the best
JuneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 1:50 PM   #28
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Nah, two threads are enough but I'll merge your post into one of them.

Various threads merged and I'll leave them for moderation to process as they decide. Thanks!

Last edited by William; 31st January 2019 at 1:53 PM.. Reason: Merge threads and fix spacing
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 4:25 PM   #29
Established Member

Since William was the only moderator I dealt with and spoke to on here, thank you for the time you took to answer my thread and my PMs on questions I had since I joined and .. from what I have seen you were a kind and fair moderator and did this website proudly. Take care on your journey.
This terrible silence stops me..."
Sarah_Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 12:48 AM   #30
SJS
Established Member

Sorry to see you go William, thanks for all your level-headed advice and keeping things on track.
SJS is offline   Reply With Quote