LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Miss Carhills posts

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2019, 1:27 AM   #1
Established Member

Miss Carhills posts

Hope he comes back!
Old 21st January 2019, 1:41 AM   #2
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Unfortunately, once Paul abandoned us again after we'd worked hard on the new site software and dealt with the fallout of the site outage, I decided I'd had enough. I'll be out of here at the end of January and the site will remain in the capable hands of the current moderation team. Out with the old and in with the new. Life goes on. We hope your stay is helpful.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2019, 1:47 AM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Unfortunately, once Paul abandoned us again after we'd worked hard on the new site software and dealt with the fallout of the site outage, I decided I'd had enough. I'll be out of here at the end of January and the site will remain in the capable hands of the current moderation team. Out with the old and in with the new. Life goes on. We hope your stay is helpful.
I'm sorry to read this. I will miss your posts.
LivingWaterPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2019, 1:50 AM   #4
Established Member

Hate to lose you man. You helped me and others on this site. Maybe a break from moderation and stick to just regular posting? At least consider it. Either way, I respect your decision. Thanks not only for your insightful posts but your time and energy with moderation duties. A thankless task for sure!
Lobouspo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2019, 2:06 AM   #5
Established Member

Sorry to lose you, Carhill. Enjoyed your posts and advice.

You have personally, given me some "food for thought" regarding housing and how/where I want to live my life (in the future).
Old 21st January 2019, 2:21 AM   #6
Established Member

A big part of the LS community since I joined in 2011. Let's hope he at least changes his mind and contributes as just a refular member
Old 21st January 2019, 7:06 AM   #7
Established Member

Well this is kinda balls
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2019, 1:26 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Godspeed my friend

- The Eagles
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2019, 1:49 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobouspo View Post
Hope he comes back!
Does anyone officially run LS?
brigit87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2019, 3:55 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigit87 View Post
From what I gather, Paul has gone AWOL again. With the site owner out of commission another prolonged outage seems more likely and I'm not sure LS could survive another one.
Old 21st January 2019, 4:25 PM   #11
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigit87 View Post
The moderation team officially runs the site. When the major site outage occurred last year and Paul recovered and moved the site to Google Cloud Services, he had ample opportunity to change anything and everything and hire/fire whomever he chose. He made two major changes, one he gave nearly all the prior working moderators their own accounts where they didn't have them already and two loosened up the language policy we had instituted in his absence, allowing and endorsing more colorful language.

The other major changes, loss of the subscription/premium member function and the changes to the 'Like' system module were due to the forum move and not any policy change, according to Paul.

We also embarked on a totally new forum project and had a complete separate forum set up with periodic ports of the forum members see here to that private forum so we could work on features and problems. That went on for two or three months, then Paul started disappearing again. Ultimately, the whole forum project disappeared so all our work was essentially for naught. That was when I made my decision to move on. I just checked and Paul or any of his known alters haven't been here in over a month. No notice, no contact, nothing.

I hope the site stays stable and I know for sure the crew in place now will keep it to the guidelines and policies Paul set out for us. Every last one of them has gone well beyond the pale in their work and dedication here, as have the long-time members in remaining loyal to the site even with all the problems and outages.

Since we don't normally allow discussion of any particular member, I alerted moderation to this thread and they'll do with it what they choose. I'm focused on the current tasks in the moderation area so this will be my last contribution to the discussion. Good luck!
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2019, 7:01 PM   #12
Established Member

Good luck to you too Carhill, and thank you so much!

You will certainly be missed xo
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2019, 9:57 PM   #13
Established Member

I still remember the expertise you offered in the Boston Marathon bombing thread years ago carhill. When the news was refusing to speculate you gave a lot of good information which helped, considering I was only 30 minutes away from where the bombs were going off and the guys were still on the loose. I've enjoyed a lot of your posts over the years but that contribution still sticks in my head.

Anyway, I've been around long enough to recall the time between Tony and William where there was no moderation and the site was flooded with neo-nazi's and spammers. It sucked and I'm glad you and Robert came along and fixed it. Even though I have 5 pages of "friendly reminders". Thanks man and I'm sorry they're doing that with your personal information. That's not cool. Hope you still come back at least once in a while.
gaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2019, 11:41 PM   #14
Established Member

I'm sorry to hear it but I understand. I hope some things change that make you want to come back sometime.
I was once the first moderator on a forum that was going great guns but for that it had bad harassment issues due to the forum subject which tended to divide people. I voluntarily brought security to the forum and it was a big job. When the owners became more interested in their other sute, a culinary site, because of advertising possibilities, they left me there to do everything and never returned. It was a thriving site so I was happy to do it and enlisted some moderation help, but the dirty deed the owner did without telling me about it was basically pulled the plug on the site by selling the original name and delinking it from some sister websites that have enough traffic to keep the flow going to ours. So I didn't have a clue what was going on when all of a sudden it just dwindled down to nothing.

All I knew was it wasn't coming up in Google hardly at all anymore. I just thought it was really a crappy thing to do. I really had no choice but to just put it read only because there were only a few holdouts.

I really hope that doesn't happen to this site.
Old 22nd January 2019, 10:05 AM   #15
Established Member

So, Willian and Carhill are one and the same??!! Well, I’ll be! I had no idea. I hope you’ll stick around as an advisor, William. You will definitely be missed if you go. Best wishes, though, on whatever you decide.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote