LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Political Discussions

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th January 2019, 3:41 PM   #1
Established Member

Political Discussions

If one wanted to discuss ones views on American politics I understand how that doesnít directly relate to Trumpís presidential agenda. So how would it be best to allow for this type of discussion? Could a general US politics thread be started where we can discuss more freely? I donít want to violate policy so moderators if you could tell us the right way to proceeed and not get in trouble with this forum, that would be helpful? Thank you.
MetallicHue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2019, 4:03 PM   #2
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Discussion threads are, especially in the off-topic areas, with 'off-topic' being off-topic to the prime directive of this web site which is interpersonal relationships, to be specific topics of discussion, and are to remain on-topic.

In the political areas, please be mindful of this directive.

So, if you have a specific political topic in mind, post it up and open the discussion. American politics is not a specific political topic. Peruse the last year's worth of topics in the forum for examples of specific political topics. Thanks!
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2019, 4:33 PM   #3
Established Member

I followed the link and donít see how any of that policy was violated but understand the point of the site is interpersonal relationship advice. It seems like if telling people that weíre all alike is going to get a ban when people are disagreeing about Trumpís agenda maybe best not to post in the off topic section at all.
MetallicHue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2019, 5:01 PM   #4
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

MetallicHue,

Your ONE post was deleted from the Trump thread because if was OFF TOPIC.

It had nothing to do with Trumps agenda.
I'm sorry I didn't issue you an infraction or nudge to inform you that your post was deleted for that reason.
It was deleted with others that were off topic, from time to time a thread will drift from the topic and if it doesn't adhere to the topic it will be closed so rather than close them we clean then up and post a notice on that thread.

I did post a notice about such posts and yours was posted after my notice, did you see and read my notice above your post?
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2019, 5:06 PM   #5
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicHue View Post
I followed the link and don’t see how any of that policy was violated but understand the point of the site is interpersonal relationship advice. It seems like if telling people that we’re all alike is going to get a ban when people are disagreeing about Trump’s agenda maybe best not to post in the off topic section at all.
I didn't see any topics posted by you and you inquired about posting topics (threads) so my answer addressed that question. Robert is the final arbiter of topical content in the political areas so he had more information on your specific issue.

Feel free to post up any specific political topic for discussion. When responding to other specific topics, focus on the topic. If you have any account-related questions, like why a post was deleted, simply PM a moderator or, if that option isn't available, hit the 'alert us' button on any moderator post in the appropriate forum (political forum and Trump thread apparently in this case) and send your inquiry or comments. That way all moderators can read them and discuss them as a discrete topic in the moderation forum. Thanks!
William is offline   Reply With Quote