LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Why are we not allowed to discuss our views on feminism?


LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree38Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st December 2018, 2:57 PM   #16
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mars
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcon1986 View Post
To discuss that sort of thing you have to go to a forum where that debate is the primary topic of debate. The admins here feel certain social groups get picked on here - so they shut down these debates. I also learned that there is no free speech on an internet forum, only what the admins allow to be said.
ANY group can get picked on and it they do it's against the rules here, on LoveShack Civility and Respect is paramount to our purpose here.

The moment a group gets piled up on here that is the moment Civility and Respect for others views has gone out the window and insults begin.

There have been many threads here on Feminism... most get closed when the C&R disappears and moderation has to spend too much time cleaning up the mess.

BTW, on LoveShack there is no freedom of speech, this is not a democracy, it is a personally owned web forum with rules and guidelines that posters must follow as they agreed to follow when they signed up.
The owner has a stated purpose for LoveShack and we as moderators are here to maintain that.

Carry on... keep it clean. I have already noticed a couple of pokes at moderation.. those may get edited but will stay till other moderators have had a chance to review the thread.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 3:48 PM   #17
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefooloftheyear View Post
It just turns into a shytshow of whining guys that think its the reason they cant get laid, and women disputing it...

Do you really need to see/read that??

TFY
This is an example of it not being clean. The thread wasn't closed down, and I'm guessing you didn't give the poster a warning. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't have an issue with this comment, I'm happy to debate it. But it seems that if I or anyone debates it, from a perspective which seems contrary to what may or may not be feminism, we're closed down. I would like to know why.

Your saying that you don't have a free speech policy that reflects the countries most of us come from. However, most of us come from those countries, and we do debate these things. That's how ideologies and ideas are formulated. Many things which impact our relationships, are debated on this forum.

If your going to close things down because this isn't a free speech domain and you personally don't like them, you are not helping people as such.

Editing insults I agree with. But editing points of view isn't conducive to civilized discussion.
fromheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 3:57 PM   #18
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
This is a forum about love, relationships & broken hearts. If you reframe the Q to how feminism has impacted your dating life, maybe the thread will stay open. You have previously stated that you won't date a feminist. OK. Don't date one. What is there to debate? That is your choice but it doesn't invalidate my choice to be a feminist. It just means you & I should not date.
.
I date people who practice equality, whatever their ideological background.

If someone feels that feminism has had a positive effect on their lives, I'm guessing that you wouldn't mind them writing here.

Im also guessing that if someone feels feminism has had a negative effects on their lives, you wouldn't. You would prefer to see the thread closed. Perhaps you are different in real life, but perhaps you are not. And that is an issue some are finding, that if they wish to share their negative experiences associated with feminism, they are closed down.

I'm a martial artist. You could say that this is my ideology. If someone feels that my style isn't contributing to their self defense and health, I'd be happy to debate it. I have no problem with seeing the weaknesses at all, in fact I want to see them, I may even agree. I wouldn't want to close them down though.
fromheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 3:58 PM   #19
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mars
Posts: 1,231
Points of view that are not insulting to people are not edited, if a point of view is insulting the insult is really all that matters as the debate is no longer a debate and the post gets edited.

There are ways of posting a point of view that doesn't have to be insulting either to a poster, or a group.

I think you are confusing your desire to say what you want without filters and posting to a topic with Civility and Respect.

Your desire to say what you want without filters no matter how it reflects on others is the kind of post that is against the guidelines here and your post will be edited, deleted or you will be banned if you don't comply with the rules here.

When you created your login here you agreed to those guidelines, nothing in those guidelines allows you to post without filters and post something that might be considered insulting to others even if it isn't insulting to you.

Okay... now that moderation has weighed in let's post to the other posters here.

Thanks
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 4:05 PM   #20
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mars
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromheart View Post
And that is an issue some are finding, that if they wish to share their negative experiences associated with feminism, they are closed down.
That isn't true here, there are threads about feminism here on LoveShack.
A thread is closed if the thread starter was found out to be pulling our chain, if they are banned, if a thread creates so much moderation time that is too time consuming for us to moderate, moderation here is also voluntary and we have lives to. A thread going sideways can take hours to fix and keep in line if the posters are not posting to the guidelines.

A thread can also be closed by the thread starter themselves too...

That about covers why threads are closed, they are not closed because we don't like the topic.
There have been times where threads on some subjects are merged together and times where if there are already postable running threads going then a thread may be deleted.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 4:08 PM   #21
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Points of view that are not insulting to people are not edited, if a point of view is insulting the insult is really all that matters as the debate is no longer a debate and the post gets edited.

There are ways of posting a point of view that doesn't have to be insulting either to a poster, or a group.

I think you are confusing your desire to say what you want without filters and posting to a topic with Civility and Respect.

Your desire to say what you want without filters no matter how it reflects on others is the kind of post that is against the guidelines here and your post will be edited, deleted or you will be banned if you don't comply with the rules here.

When you created your login here you agreed to those guidelines, nothing in those guidelines allows you to post without filters and post something that might be considered insulting to others even if it isn't insulting to you.

Okay... now that moderation has weighed in let's post to the other posters here.

Thanks
Well, you didn't really answer the question, so I have to conclude that you are unable or unwilling to answer it.

Unless an ideology is perfect, its going to hurt someone somewhere. Until its evolved into something perfect, which may not be possible. And it certainly isn't possible if these things aren't open for debate.

If someone or a group of people feel that their lives have been negatively affected by feminism, they should be able to say it. Otherwise, they'll never receive help.
fromheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 4:47 PM   #22
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 1,649
You seem to be very adamant about your view on this topic.

Which is good for you I suppose?

But I wonder why you want to repeatedly discuss it here?

And I think you are misinterpreting freedom of speech. Just because you can say something doesnít mean words donít have consequences. Break rules and get moderated.
Wallysbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 5:25 PM   #23
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mars
Posts: 1,231
BTW, I did a title search for the keyword feminism and only see 2 deleted threads (one of which is from a banned member) and a small handful, 3 or 4 closed of the 2.5 pages of threads discussing the topic and my search went back 7 years.

The idea that we close threads based on the title feminism is wrong and there is no evidence that has ever been done here at LoveShack.
It looks like you are misinformed.

As far as me not answering your question, I answered what I felt moderation should answer on this thread, I am not posting in this thread for debate but to inform.

Thanks
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 5:36 PM   #24
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallysbears View Post
You seem to be very adamant about your view on this topic.

Which is good for you I suppose?

But I wonder why you want to repeatedly discuss it here?

And I think you are misinterpreting freedom of speech. Just because you can say something doesnít mean words donít have consequences. Break rules and get moderated.
I've answered why I and others have already discussed it here. Some feel that it has contributed towards their lives other don't. They feel that it has had a detrimental effect in their relationships.

Do you regard someone as sharing their negative experiences with feminism as 'breaking the rules?'
fromheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 5:50 PM   #25
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 685
So far, this thread has only reinforced what I and others have experienced with feminism.

Its not up for debate. Not only on this forum, but in real life. The moderator has implied that the values of his country aren't necessarily represented in this forum, however the main problem many have faced with feminism is that it is an ideology that cannot be discussed, or criticized, without consequence.

This isn't equality, its enforced ideology. That's something that bears a closer resemblance to communism than democracy.
fromheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 6:37 PM   #26
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromheart View Post
So far, this thread has only reinforced what I and others have experienced with feminism.

Its not up for debate. Not only on this forum, but in real life. The moderator has implied that the values of his country aren't necessarily represented in this forum, however the main problem many have faced with feminism is that it is an ideology that cannot be discussed, or criticized, without consequence.

This isn't equality, its enforced ideology. That's something that bears a closer resemblance to communism than democracy.
You arenít making much sense.

Feminism isnít democratic or communist. And just because YOU may not like feminists or modern feminism doesnít mean anyone has to debate you about it...or agree with your point of view.

Iím sorry you donít have luck with women. Or that you want to blame that on modern feminism.

Your perception does not mean it is reality.
Wallysbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 6:42 PM   #27
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Antipodes
Posts: 12,127
Why does it have to be debate? Why can't it be respectful discussion with people actually listening to each other's POV? Thing is, making statements which tell group of people that they all think and act the same they are wrong is always going to go downhill fast.

There are so many groups which we can label as bad (Christians, Muslims, Republicans, Democrats, Incels, Feminists, Gun advocates, you name it) but the truth is that no body of people who adhere to a philosophy thinks, feels and acts in the same way. It's far better to work towards understanding than to think that an entire group of people think the same way and attempt to browbeat them down.

In my experience, nothing in the world is binary right or wrong. Feminism is no different. I identify as athiest, bleeding heart leftie, feminist, anti gun, but as I get older I realise that people who identify with the groups which aren't like mine aren't all the same. They might be hard line or soft line. Nor are their philosophies inherently wrong - they are just different to mine. Heck, even as a feminist, there are hard line feminists who's words I ignore. As an athiest, there are shouty athiests I ignore.

And with that last sentences above, I find my sticking point on all philosophies: I don't have time for hard line anything. Respectful discussion, yes. Hard line shouty? No.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 7:21 PM   #28
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallysbears View Post
Iím sorry you donít have luck with women. Or that you want to blame that on modern feminism.

Your perception does not mean it is reality.
Yes, here is the other mis assumption, for those that question feminism.

You're not having much luck with women.

Did I suggest that you were not having luck with men? Where did that come from?

No problem with getting a woman's attention whatsoever.
fromheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 7:25 PM   #29
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
Why does it have to be debate? Why can't it be respectful discussion with people actually listening to each other's POV? Thing is, making statements which tell group of people that they all think and act the same they are wrong is always going to go downhill fast.
I agree with much of what you say. The problem that many are having with feminism is that there now seems to be a hatred for ALL men.
fromheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 7:40 PM   #30
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Antipodes
Posts: 12,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromheart View Post
I agree with much of what you say. The problem that many are having with feminism is that there now seems to be a hatred for ALL men.
And this kind of broad generalisation is where the problems start with discussion: I know many feminists who are happily married and who respect men.

If you can avoid broad generalisations, I will continue discussions with you.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My bf and I never discuss our relationships with the opposite gender rachelssecret5 Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy 4 5th December 2013 7:23 AM
Discuss your views early on about disciplining the kids tiger20 Dating 1 10th February 2011 1:52 AM
Why oh why do women discuss their man's shlong size? Barky Dating 40 16th March 2010 11:50 AM
Together for 2 years - wanting to marry but not allowed to discuss Emilye22 Dating 10 12th March 2005 7:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 7:03 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.