LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

My thread closed?

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2018, 11:24 AM   #1
Established Member

My thread closed?

Just curious, why would they close it? Did it cross any guide lines?
Madd_hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2018, 11:30 AM   #2
Established Member

I think you can contact the moderators, by clicking the "Alert us" button on the last entry??

I'm not 100% sure if that will work, but I would try that.

If not, you could try to PM one of the moderators and ask for assistance.

William assisted me with re-opening a thread that "time closed" during the outage.

Best of luck...
Old 7th December 2018, 4:12 PM   #3
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Good afternoon,

The thread was closed after over six months and substantial topic drift and reports of that.

Also, moderator Tristian reminded you in August how to get in touch with moderation...

Quote:
No need for posts like this. If you feel that someone has posted inappropriately, disrespectfully or otherwise outside of our Community Guidelines, the "ALERT US" button is at your disposal.
I trust that covers the details. After over 700 posts I'm sure you've received plenty of feedback.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2018, 4:18 PM   #4
Established Member

Ask them to reopen, Madd!
losangelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2018, 4:48 PM   #5
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Out of curiosity I checked the moderation log because, yep, we can see everything done to a thread, including all member postings no matter deleted/edited or not.

Four of the five moderators have worked the thread, including 69 individual actions in it and three closures. 22 posts were edited by moderation and we deleted 28 posts. Additionally due to the thread starter starting duplicate threads, we merged the discussion two times from three threads.

I'll vote no as far as continuing. The other moderators are free to vote however they choose. I'll suggest the member contact moderator Tristian via PM or alert on the starting post in the thread. Thanks!
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2018, 9:48 PM   #6
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Madd_Hatter, in looking at the thread, there was a lot of action from moderation but not much of that was due to you or the topic presented.

Many times when a thread runs as long as this one has the topic can get lost and it is difficult to get things back on the right track without a bit of a reboot.

My suggestion would be to take the information you've gained from the six months of discussion in this thread and start a follow up so that those following along can refocus on your situation without having to sift through six months of replies.

If you decide to go this route, you can shoot me or one of the other mods a PM and I can add a link to your new thread at the end of the one that was closed so that the members following along will be able to find it.

Last edited by Tristian; 12th December 2018 at 8:27 AM..
Tristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2019, 6:37 PM   #7
Established Member

all this discussion is great advertising for that thread. I ant to find out what all the fuss is about
pepperbird is offline   Reply With Quote