LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Message Window messed up all devices

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th November 2018, 10:21 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saracena View Post
I noticed this last night and problem persists again today!
Yes the problem persists today.
Normm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2018, 10:35 AM   #17
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
It seems to me that if you use the go to last post arrow click off the new posts page that it works okay but if you click the title of the thread it doesn't.
Yes, I just came from a messed up thread view and clicked most recent post on this thread and it rendered fine. Must be a script issue somewhere in the software.

Also, quick reply on this thread rendered the result fine as well.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2018, 2:19 PM   #18
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Update: Currently, we believe the Like/Share system has failed and is causing this issue. If true, the problem will remain until Paul fixes or removes the Like/Share system.
Old 29th November 2018, 2:34 PM   #19
PRW
Established Member

Location: In Illinois, within driving distance of the St Louis, MO area
Thanks for the update! I'd give it a "Like" , but it doesn't work :-)
Old 29th November 2018, 6:38 PM   #20
Established Member

FYI most of the pages are white and blue still. I'm posting this just to see what it looks like.
brigit87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2018, 6:49 PM   #21
Established Member

Does LS use a plugin for likes? Could just temporarily disable it to see if the problem resolves.
Old 30th November 2018, 9:08 AM   #22
Established Member

Thanks for clarifying that it's not just me. Hopefully we'll be back to normal soon.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 9:13 AM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
Thanks for clarifying that it's not just me. Hopefully we'll be back to normal soon.
I thought it was just me too. Do you know how many times I have deleted cookies and browsing history? Lol
Cersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 10:57 AM   #24
Established Member

The formatting issue is I guess a .css problem, maybe a broken link somewhere or an inadvertently deleted/moved/corrupted .css file.
The "like" issue, I have no idea about.

I just hope that this is not the end of the "like" button.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 12:10 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cersei View Post
I thought it was just me too. Do you know how many times I have deleted cookies and browsing history? Lol
Same here!
Old 30th November 2018, 5:54 PM   #26
Established Member

Yeah, he needs to make sure there's a "Like" button. It's kind of boring without it and directionless.
Old 30th November 2018, 8:06 PM   #27
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

My instinct is the Like system will be removed to stabilize the software since it was never a vBulletin supported add-on. The new software that I viewed in beta had both a like and reputation system and Paul was in process of finalizing that and a number of other details when he disappeared again. Wish I had better news.
Old 30th November 2018, 8:53 PM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cersei View Post
In case anyone hasn't figured it out already... click the reply button (bottom, left, directly above the word "bookmarks"), then click the thread title (right end of the page path: Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments > Message Window messed up all devices). This will reload the page and the CSS will load too. Repeat for each new page viewed.
salparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 8:55 PM   #29
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Yes, workaround advice is in the forum-wide announcement I posted, along with the link to this thread. I'll add your additional content to that.
Old 30th November 2018, 11:49 PM   #30
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Just noticed Paul logged in a few moments ago so perhaps we'll be in luck and get this solved. Fingers crossed