LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

How to communicate off site with a poster who can't PM yet?

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th November 2018, 5:12 AM   #1
Established Member

How to communicate off site with a poster who can't PM yet?

A poster is asking for advice about a topic I know a lot about, and I'd like to communicate with her privately or off site, as would she. But she can't PM yet. Can I post my email address in the thread for her? If not, how else can we do this?
Old 9th November 2018, 5:40 AM   #2
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

The threshold for PM access is low, 30 days and 50 posts, so encourage the member to gain PM access.

You can post your e-mail address, sure. Moderation can't stop you since we'll never read every post. The main risk is loss of posting privileges for violating the community guidelines if you're caught or reported.

I posted up some specifics regarding the guidelines about five years ago here:

https://www.loveshack.org/forums/gen...le#post5059543
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2018, 7:01 PM   #3
Established Member

There are plenty of forums that allow immediate PM. I can post a link if it's okay with the mods.
nospam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2018, 7:05 PM   #4
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Why not PM the member? You both have that privilege. Paul doesn't like members promoting competing forums on his nickel, especially given money is tight right now. Here's your link:

https://www.loveshack.org/forums/pri...=newpm&u=53083
Old 9th November 2018, 7:15 PM   #5
Established Member

Thanks for the info. I tried PMing her, but got a message that she also can't receive PMs.

If posting my email violates the terms, I won't do it. I guess she'll have to wait and post more.
Ruby Slippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2018, 9:14 PM   #6
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

I took a look at the thread in question while cleaning up some formatting issues reported by another member and deleted the off-topic discussion of our PM system and see no reason why an anonymous person can't be helped with the questions posed in their starting post publicly. That's what the web site exists for. Thanks!
Old 10th November 2018, 8:00 AM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
I took a look at the thread in question while cleaning up some formatting issues reported by another member and deleted the off-topic discussion of our PM system and see no reason why an anonymous person can't be helped with the questions posed in their starting post publicly. That's what the web site exists for. Thanks!
Could you share Ruby's and the 'new' member's email addresses with each other assuming both gave permission (like on this thread)?
Old 10th November 2018, 12:30 PM   #8
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Nope.....and I would be violating our instructions from Paul if I did.

Seriously, this is so simple. The member in question registered in September 2018 so they've already been here over two months. 28 more posts and they're golden. That would be an hour or two discussing their own issue or helping others. If they're not willing to spend some time here discussing relationship issues, OK. That's why Paul set things up the way he did.
Old 10th November 2018, 3:45 PM   #9
Established Member

Could the new member throw those 28 posts into TWC/T?
Old 10th November 2018, 4:00 PM   #10
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

What's your interest in this? I'm tiring of this. The member in question knows the rules. Throwaway posts will get them banned. Let it go if you value your membership. Seriously.