LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Forum Subscription Issue

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2018, 10:35 AM   #1

Question Forum Subscription Issue

Hello,

I noticed last week that I am not receiving the weekly email for updates to the ďIn Search OfĒ forum. So I unsubscribed, & then resubscribed being sure to select the weekly update by email option. Yet again this week I havenít received the email.
There seems to be a fault here, can this be corrected?

Thanks.
Beatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2018, 10:41 AM   #2
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Try unsubscribing again, then resubscribe with 'daily e-mails'

I've also noticed a glitch in the subscription system, but in the reverse. I subscribe to our alert forum, something only moderators can see, and recently unsubscribed due to the deluge of e-mails but nothing worked, the e-mails kept coming. Not even shutting off e-mail notifications in the user profile page affected it. Prior, before subscribing, never saw an e-mail. Now I can't get rid of them

You may have identified another broken forum item. We have a number of them since the outage a few months back and moving the forum to Google. Perhaps other members will chime in with their experience. Sorry for the inconvenience!
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2018, 10:46 AM   #3

Ok thanks, I'll try the other option.
Old 9th November 2018, 9:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Try unsubscribing again, then resubscribe with 'daily e-mails'
Just to let you know that the 'daily emails' option hasn't worked either. I've checked & double checked.
Old 9th November 2018, 3:28 PM   #5
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Thanks for the feedback. I'll use a member account and seek to duplicate.
Old 10th November 2018, 4:14 PM   #6
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Update: I believe the subscription system is frozen. In other words, if one was subscribed at some point in the past, unknown at this point, then that subscription cannot be removed from the server even if it is disabled in the user profile options. Likewise, no new subscriptions are being processed. One can subscribe to a forum and it'll show in their subscribed threads/forums in their profile but no e-mail notifications/content will go out.

I'll do some more research and update once complete. Again, sorry for the inconvenience!
Old 11th November 2018, 10:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Update: I believe the subscription system is frozen. In other words, if one was subscribed at some point in the past, unknown at this point, then that subscription cannot be removed from the server even if it is disabled in the user profile options. Likewise, no new subscriptions are being processed. One can subscribe to a forum and it'll show in their subscribed threads/forums in their profile but no e-mail notifications/content will go out.

I'll do some more research and update once complete. Again, sorry for the inconvenience!
Ok thanks!

Iíve noticed another issue with my subscription to this thread: Iím subscribed to receive email notifications for new posts here, & did receive an email on 7th Nov. I logged in on the 9th to have a read, & then you posted again on the 10th but I did not receive a new email to notify me of your update.
According the email that arrived on the 7th I should get further email only after logging in again, which as Iíve pointed out I did do so.
Another bug it seems.
Old 11th November 2018, 10:55 AM   #8
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Yes, that was going to be part of my testing. It may be difficult to confirm without Paul around but I think when he started porting the forum to the new forum software, something happened to cause effects like this. The subscription system worked OK after the forum outage in April/May. I don't remember any problems like this until Paul started work on the new forum in July/August. Just a hunch but when I have time I'll take a look further and post parameters and outline any workarounds I may find.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 12th November 2018, 10:06 AM   #9
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Interesting, this morning, the usual deluge of reported posts didn't show up at my forum e-mail, matching up with unsubscribing from that forum a couple days ago. Try experimenting with your account and see what happens from the subscribing side. Could be a glitch.
Old 12th November 2018, 10:32 AM   #10

Ok, I will check my subscriptions.

I've noticed another issue: this week I have not received my email notification for the 'Friendship' forum, which is unusual as I've been receiving those emails every week until now.
Old 12th November 2018, 12:44 PM   #11
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Just checked to see if Paul has been around, since he's the only person who can fix software issues on the forum, and he hasn't, not for a month now, so whatever is going on is systemic. LoveShack has a mind of its own
Old 13th November 2018, 6:37 AM   #12
Established Member

Hello, I know this is not the correct thread for this question but I didn't know where to post it. I was under the impression that this forum was closed some months ago. Now I see it's still on with all the threads. I'm so happy for this, I'd like to know what happened since it was closed, if anyone is kind enough to reply. Sorry for off topic. Thank you.
SummerDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 8:39 AM   #13
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

You should find most of the questions and answers on the site outage and what's happened since here:

Loveshack Back up and running?? [Update, yes, now and into the future]
Old 13th November 2018, 11:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerDreams View Post
Hello, I know this is not the correct thread for this question but I didn't know where to post it. I was under the impression that this forum was closed some months ago. Now I see it's still on with all the threads. I'm so happy for this, I'd like to know what happened since it was closed, if anyone is kind enough to reply. Sorry for off topic. Thank you.
I recommend that you do an internet search for forum etiquette, so that you can learn how to use forums' properly.
What you have done is known as thread hijacking, which is considered to be rude behaviour.
Old 13th November 2018, 11:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Just checked to see if Paul has been around, since he's the only person who can fix software issues on the forum, and he hasn't, not for a month now, so whatever is going on is systemic. LoveShack has a mind of its own
Ok, well I didn't receive my daily emails' again today, so I'll put a link on my bookmarks' toolbar for now.
Hopefully this can be fixed because I like to receive the email notifications' each week.

Thanks.