LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Uploading pictures/avatars [Updated]

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th June 2018, 6:12 PM   #1
Established Member

Uploading pictures/avatars [Updated]

? How do I change my avatar?
aminae7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2018, 6:55 PM   #2
Established Member

I just tried to change mine and I got a "failure to upload file".

I guess this is a glitch from when Loveshack went down and was moved to a different server.

I'd PM "William" the moderator and let him know about this error. Maybe he can help you load in a file.

My avatar is from before the down time/switch to a new server.
Old 29th June 2018, 7:16 PM   #3
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Did some checking. Looks like signature images and avatars don't work. Didn't try profile pictures but likely those won't work either. More stuff broken with the forum move. Will tell Paul. Sorry!
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2018, 6:49 PM   #4
Established Member

Uploading profile picture

So you have to reduce the size of your photo to 200x200 pixels and then you have to upload that in your profile picture AND to get it to show up on your threads, you have to also upload it again to your Avatar. So to get it to work, you have to do it both places. I used my android and got the free app "Photo Resizer" to do this.

Last edited by preraph; 24th September 2018 at 6:55 PM..
preraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2018, 11:20 PM   #5
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Paul must've fixed that recently. It's been broken since the site outage. I merged it with the original complaint thread for continuity. Comparatively, the new site software is a lot more flexible with pictures and allows larger file sizes. Paul's disappeared again so don't know what's up with that.
Old 25th September 2018, 11:59 AM   #6
Established Member

I thought it was weird that "avatar" and "profile" picture were two different things. Seems like one that does both would be logical. Yes, I was surprised how big mine was when I got it up there.
Old 25th September 2018, 12:54 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
I thought it was weird that "avatar" and "profile" picture were two different things. Seems like one that does both would be logical. Yes, I was surprised how big mine was when I got it up there.

That's the default for VBulletin software and I'm on a lot of forums that all work the same way. The avatar is never the same as the profile picture which is usually larger.
Mardelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2018, 4:15 PM   #8
Established Member

I thought that, but that's the only way I was able to get any photo up. The sizes are the same for each now, but I understand that is a recent development. So bottom line, the issue was fixed recently.
Old 10th November 2018, 2:42 AM   #9
Established Member

i didn't know if it was because i was a new member here. i miss posting on forums but since the launch of other social media, forums kinda died with it
I was trying to upload a stitch for my avi. not much to give way to my profile lol
I don't need accumulating more stalkers than what i already have
BitterSweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2019, 9:52 PM   #10
Established Member

I have been trying to upload an avatar. I followed the 100x100 pixel size and it's only 3.69 KB.
But every time I upload it. It says upload failed.
Does LS avatar still work or still allowed?
lolita888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2019, 10:04 PM   #11
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Doesn't work anymore from my tests since December, sorry.

Edited to add I merged the most recent thread with an an earlier thread on the general topic to reflect the past problems with the system after the big outage. A more recent outage in November/December apparently messed things up again, at least from my tests. I noted, if the account had an avatar, it remained but if it was deleted the same avatar could not be reloaded. Same with profile pictures. Same with signature pictures, though very few members have status to use those. I believe picture album uploads are also a problem. Feel free to report experiences with picture uploading on the forum in this thread. Thanks!

I'll attempt to link an album picture here as an attachment to see if that function works. Nope, it failed, reporting an invalid image file.
Code:
https://www.loveshack.org/forums/members/196104-william/albums/1077-misc-screen-captures/5865-heartbleed.jpg:
		This is not a valid image file.
Linked image here.
It may only be visible to moderators but resides on the LoveShack server.

Last edited by William; 30th March 2019 at 12:59 PM..