LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Loveshack Back up and running?? [Update, yes, now and into the future]

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree183Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2018, 5:56 PM   #61
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
I really hope they fix the like thing. If they don't, the only way to show you appreciated what someone commented is to quote them which will take up a lot more room.

So even though it does not show who liked your post, I was notified of a like I received, so at least we can gauge if someone appreciates feedback and opinions
Old 15th May 2018, 6:20 PM   #62

Is it wrong that I never noticed that the site went down until I signed on today and noticed some of the threads and discussions?
anduina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 8:01 PM   #63
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobouspo View Post
So even though it does not show who liked your post, I was notified of a like I received, so at least we can gauge if someone appreciates feedback and opinions
how were you notified IM? email? I don't want emails on it, but a PM would be okay. But PM just told me total to date, nothing else.
Old 15th May 2018, 8:12 PM   #64
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Go here:

https://www.loveshack.org/forums/pro...do=editoptions

Look for this:

Likes Notifications:
  • Enable Likes Notifications
  • Disable Likes Notifications
Be sure to save changes once clicking 'enable'

The number of likes will show up in the same menu as PM's at top right in forum view. It'll look like you've got PM's but will say 'notifications'. Select 'likes' from the menu and that will take you to the page where it shows who and what.

Also, I've been noticing the forum running slow the last 30 minutes or so. I didn't see Paul online working so wonder if anyone else has noticed sluggishness or not.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 8:48 PM   #65
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

Also, I've been noticing the forum running slow the last 30 minutes or so. I didn't see Paul online working so wonder if anyone else has noticed sluggishness or not.
Yes... very slow and sluggish for me. I even received one "TIME OUT" from Firefox during my first attempt to load page.
Old 15th May 2018, 9:02 PM   #66
Established Member

Yes, but this wouldn't be the first time it's sluggish. I had a long period of sluggishness in the last year or two that came and went. Don't know why.

Thanks. Will see if I can find the Likes thing.
preraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 9:16 PM   #67
Established Member

Checked in on whim and here we are... together again. Hello everyone.
Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 9:58 PM   #68
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Usually sluggishness results from administrator working on the database or moderation working in the search areas. I asked for member input because I noted none of that going on.

Searches, like a text search, have been glacial the past couple hours. It could be that stuff is throttled. I'll ask Paul next time I see him. If forum view is also slow that's more serious.
Old 15th May 2018, 10:01 PM   #69
Established Member

Quote:
Usually sluggishness results from administrator working on the database or moderation working in the search areas. I asked for member input because I noted none of that going on.

Searches, like a text search, have been glacial the past couple hours. It could be that stuff is throttled. I'll ask Paul next time I see him. If forum view is also slow that's more serious.
The problem has since resolved itself and I appear to be navigating at a normal speed, now.

Thank You for your continued efforts!!
Happy Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 10:07 PM   #70
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Thanks for the report and it appears normal posting is back to the usual level. It's entirely possible Paul has been working in his web server space without being logged into the forum and using server resources other than LoveShack.

What I am noticing is, even with ad blocking off, I'm seeing a spinning wheel and 'data transferring from 'adservice.google.com'. It's like the page isn't loading completely. I'll check with another browser to confirm.
Old 16th May 2018, 7:54 AM   #71
Established Member

So glad LS is back. Reddit just isn't the same!

Hi everyone!
BikerAccnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 10:18 AM   #72
Established Member

Quote:
The 'new posts' search link is now operational.

The 'likes' system appears to be working correctly.

The subscription system is still broken at Paypal.

For the thread starter, normally we don't mass contact members but I'll look into that. It would likely be through the PM system from moderation where each member would get a copy of the PM at their real world e-mail address. I'll see if it's possible then ask Paul if he wants us to do it. Thanks for the suggestion.
I've noticed I have no "like" link at all on any of my posts, only the 'share' button.
Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 1:40 PM   #73
Established Member

Yay!! I kept resisting TAM
Southern Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 1:41 PM   #74
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Yes, your own posts won't have a like button since you can't like your own posts. I'm seeing like buttons on everyone's posts in the thread except my own and any I've liked; in the latter case it would have an unlike link.

Paul updated us last night and sped up the server processor operations to mitigate the forum sluggishness members and moderation were experiencing. Faster costs more money and he's running as lean as practical right now.

Also, he named two more moderators, Victoria and 6ix, ~V and ~6 prior respectively and that leaves only one more to go, ~JC, as soon as she sends in her info.

Moderation is keeping him updated on member issues at his request so please keep the reports coming. Thanks!
Old 16th May 2018, 3:36 PM   #75
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

The issue with members not being able to see the likes on a post is still there.

I have alerted on this.

Originally I thought disabling ad blocking software would fix this but it seems it doesn't.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote