LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Loveshack Back up and running?? [Update, yes, now and into the future]

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree183Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2018, 3:12 AM   #31
Established Member

(((( hello LoveShack ))))
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 6:20 AM   #32
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis View Post
I'm over-joyed to see this site up and running again. It is like re-uniting with an ex that you still have feelings for.

I sorely missed it!
yeah and we all know how re-uniting with an ex turns out.
marky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 9:13 AM   #33
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
(((( hello LoveShack ))))
Hello Amy, and everyone here, (big smile), so glad to be back. Ahhhh...
skywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 10:43 AM   #34
Established Member

Hey guys, missed you! LS being back just made my day
Old 14th May 2018, 10:56 AM   #35
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

During the outage when in contact with Paul I did ask him for guidance and he has been here working the last couple days, actually some pretty long hours, and it doesn't appear he's making any changes for now either to staff or policy or content, save for removing the subscription and journal systems. Hopefully he'll get in touch with us privately and outline next steps, if any. The site now operates on Google Cloud services. I don't know if that's more affordable than Softlayer but presume he moved it for a good reason.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 11:06 AM   #36
Established Member

Glad Paul is doing alright!
Old 14th May 2018, 11:26 AM   #37
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

It appears Paul has removed the 'Share' system as well, a function located next to the 'Like' link in each post and the 'Like' system is still in place but the thread counter is gone along with the post icons for the system.

My bet is he's trimming forum functions, for now, to be more efficient on bandwidth and server use since that all costs money.

If members have any problems with functions please let us know here and we'll look into it.
Old 14th May 2018, 11:41 AM   #38
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elswyth View Post
Glad Paul is doing alright!

The poster who started the rumor in the other forum has to look themselves in the mirror, IMO it showed how distasteful some people can be.
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 11:46 AM   #39
Established Member

I have noticed the new posts link doesn't always show all the new posts but the quick link of showing today's posts works well and shows all the posts
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 12:03 PM   #40
Established Member

I can see the likes and shares features, but never used the latter - and as Art said, the likes works they just don't appear on the page when you like a post. Paul has some homework to do.
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 12:20 PM   #41
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Prior to the outage, Ad Block Plus and popup blockers didn't blank the share feature but I did disable both and it returned. Thanks for the report.

It appears from browsing the forum while not logged in that ad and popup blockers aren't currently of value since Paul appears to have shut off all advertisements. I didn't see any. Anyone seeing ads?
Old 14th May 2018, 12:29 PM   #42
Established Member

Yes, the usual ads within the page of a thread but again, I am using a Samsung Tablet and somehow adblock does not work on it. I am not delusional about the site running without ads, since its a source of revenue and keep it online.
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 12:55 PM   #43
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Interesting, even with ad blockers turned off in Firefox, the forum displays without ads when not logged in. However, when viewing the forum in Safari under the same conditions, the ads appear. Clearing Firefox's cache and restarting it had no effect. Thanks for the report!
Old 14th May 2018, 2:24 PM   #44
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Moderation received a detailed explanation from Paul on the site condition and his intentions and he indicated he will be announcing directly to members in the near future.

I've also received one report that he responded to a member privately about the site outage so he is apparently reading some e-mails/PM's. Encouragement is appreciated.

From the moderation side, I'm encouraged that Paul intends to separate out the currently working moderators and give them each their own account. That's really good news.

Stay tuned!
Old 14th May 2018, 4:27 PM   #45
Established Member

Yep, Paul responded to me privately from an email that I sent about the site being down back in March
DontBreakEven is offline   Reply With Quote