LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Loveshack Back up and running?? [Update, yes, now and into the future]

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree183Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2018, 12:48 PM   #16
Established Member

Hi William,
From my end, the "Like" feature is still not working.
burnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 12:57 PM   #17
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Thanks for the report. I tried liking your post and the link changed from like to unlike and the counter increased but there's no customary list of members who liked the post either in the post itself or in the running total.

However, your likes of my posts appeared in my profile list. Perhaps, like the new posts search, this will resolve in time as the database updates.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 1:24 PM   #18
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Heads-up that I see Paul logged in so hopefully he's fixing something and/or will clarify anything I've shared publicly.

One other thing I noticed was the site domain address has changed at the IP level indicating it has moved hosts so that indicates, to me anyway, that the site will continue. My bet is Paul found a more affordable host.
Old 13th May 2018, 1:40 PM   #19
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post

In the event things go wrong again, may I suggest putting up a back-up plan for users to meet and communicate without losing touch?

That would be a good idea but you have to keep in mind the limited resources available to moderation in creating something like that.

Any suggestions? ~T
Old 13th May 2018, 2:16 PM   #20
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

It appears Paul registered a SSL certificate with an entity called 'Let's Encrypt' and LoveShack now has a valid SSL certificate until August 11, 2018. That means member browsers shouldn't be giving an invalid certificate warning anymore if attempting to access anything with 'https://' on the site. Such addresses now resolve from my testing.

Paul visited but chose not to interact with us. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Old 13th May 2018, 6:38 PM   #21
Established Member

Thanks for the information, William. Good to see you back in operation! Over at TAM, a number of us LS regulars started speculating in a thread about the LS situation right after the shutdown. Within a day, a new TAM member appeared claiming to be a LS moderator (unnamed) and claiming Paul had died. Fortunately, TAM moderation quickly determined that this new member was a troll and deleted all his posts.
Downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 8:53 PM   #22
Established Member

I missed LS so much, LS has really helped me the last year, I am so happy to see it up and running again. My bubble is back
treehugger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 8:58 PM   #23
Established Member

thank God LS is back!!! Yay

- The Eagles
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 9:47 PM   #24
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

It appears Paul has removed the premium member/subscription system entirely, as well as the Journal feature, something subscribed members had access to as a perk. I don't know if that's temporary or permanent. He's still working on things. Will update as more is known.

Oh, also, I checked into the mass e-mail thing and apparently that's set at the administrator level so something only Paul or a fellow administrator can do, and it uses substantial forum resources and bandwidth to perform so I doubt it would occur. It appears many members also interact on social media so that should get the word out, as well as Google and Bing and the other robots picking up current content in their searches.

ETA I just noticed a glitch in the 'new posts' link which doesn't list this thread. It also doesn't appear in the subscribed thread area of my member profile but does show as subscribed in the thread tools menu on the thread. It appears in the 'today's posts' link and in forum view. I tried unpinning the thread as comparison but to no avail. Will check back on that.

Last edited by William; 13th May 2018 at 10:02 PM..
Old 13th May 2018, 10:12 PM   #25
Established Member

Hi loveshack! I'm happy to see you back and relieved the rumours of Paul's untimely demise have been definitively proven to be 'fake news'.

I hate to admit it, but I missed you.
MuddyFootprints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 12:00 AM   #26
Established Member

I'm over-joyed to see this site up and running again. It is like re-uniting with an ex that you still have feelings for.

I sorely missed it!
Old 14th May 2018, 12:27 AM   #27
Established Member

Nice to see the site back up! I'm guessing people will make their way back eventually.... ya know, the LS addiction.

Hope everybody is well.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 1:52 AM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemmaUK View Post
Blimey!!

I haven't checked the site for weeks now!

Just on a whim did I look and hey presto!
This is exactly my story. I'm happy to see it back up.
Romantic_Antics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 1:57 AM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
It appears Paul has removed the premium member/subscription system entirely, as well as the Journal feature, something subscribed members had access to as a perk. I don't know if that's temporary or permanent. He's still working on things. Will update as more is known.

Oh, also, I checked into the mass e-mail thing and apparently that's set at the administrator level so something only Paul or a fellow administrator can do, and it uses substantial forum resources and bandwidth to perform so I doubt it would occur. It appears many members also interact on social media so that should get the word out, as well as Google and Bing and the other robots picking up current content in their searches.

ETA I just noticed a glitch in the 'new posts' link which doesn't list this thread. It also doesn't appear in the subscribed thread area of my member profile but does show as subscribed in the thread tools menu on the thread. It appears in the 'today's posts' link and in forum view. I tried unpinning the thread as comparison but to no avail. Will check back on that.
If Paul is having financial difficulties and can't maintain the site then suggest to him that he sell it to someone who can. I ran a music & writing website for 5 years that was free of charge to my members and sold it when I encountered a similar situation. The site continued on under the new owner.
Romantic_Antics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 2:26 AM   #30
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Yes, I suggested that in a followup e-mail to him. Perhaps he's getting it going to do that. No further contact was received so it'll remain a mystery for now.