LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

What happened with the site?

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree229Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2017, 2:11 PM   #31
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
IDK if anyone remembers him but I did hear that Tony may be seriously ill. Need to confirm details.
Tony did have a stroke and is still in the hospital but being moved to a speech and physical therapy hospital this week for rehab, he had the stroke a few weeks ago.
According to my FB he is mentally doing fine and got thru the major issues and now has to rehab.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2017, 2:11 PM   #32
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaTheater View Post
Best wishes to him.
indeed....
Old 7th December 2017, 6:11 PM   #33
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Tony did have a stroke and is still in the hospital but being moved to a speech and physical therapy hospital this week for rehab, he had the stroke a few weeks ago.
According to my FB he is mentally doing fine and got thru the major issues and now has to rehab.
Wow. It really does put things in perspective here, needless to say. Definitely makes the news of an internet site being down seem quite petty indeed.

Strokes are quite serious business. I hope Tony is OK and that his rehab goes smoothly.

Last edited by Imajerk17; 7th December 2017 at 6:16 PM..
Imajerk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2017, 6:49 PM   #34
Established Member

Quote:
Hope it stays up and thanks for the comments.
Oh no...hope it stays up? Gah. I was LOST for 4 days LOL.

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 7th December 2017 at 7:04 PM.. Reason: Fix quote
What_Did_I_Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2017, 7:06 PM   #35
Established Member

4 days without access to my wisdom. I hope everyone survived.

PS: Best wishes to Tony
sam light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2017, 8:14 PM   #36
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam light View Post
4 days without access to my wisdom. I hope everyone survived.
yea, we made it
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2017, 10:25 PM   #37

yeah. its been down for a week or something? it was kind of therapeutic for me. I had to figure out how to detach myself from my little infatuation all on my little lonesome and I managed to not get BFF CautiouslyOptimistic mad at me. It turned out well! :-)

Last edited by jjgitties; 7th December 2017 at 10:54 PM..
jjgitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2017, 11:08 PM   #38
Established Member

Yeah the site was down for about 4-5 days, and right when I really needed to post something.

Great to have y'all back!

I've only recently joined but best wishes to Tony, get well soon!
snowboy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2017, 11:22 PM   #39
Established Member

I was wondering:

If Kim Jong Whomever, failing to hit anyone or their dog with a missile, had attacked LS, confusing it with US.

If Paul or one of the mods had kicked the can, God forbid, and LS was forever gone. (So glad you're OK Paul, William and Robert. Have had several experiences where someone close to me went suddenly silent due to death or other tragedy).

If the FBI had discovered covert messages being relayed through LS and had had it shut down. Naturally my mind segued to consider who the spy on LS might be...not going to call anyone out on this, lol!

Also searched for info about the shutdown and was surprised I couldn't find anything about it at all online! Thought surely someone would post about it on another site or write about it in their blog. But, seems mum was the word!

I did discover downuptime.net, though, a cold substitute for LS, where I found reassurance that no one else could access LS, either.

Anyway...glad to have LS back and am sending hugs and best wishes to Tony to Get Well Soon!
LivingWaterPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 3:14 AM   #40
Established Member

Hope Tony feels better soon!

I noticed something odd a few days ago, googling LS the site name came up but also had a book name before loveshack.org. Wish I could remember what it said! Should've written it down.. Brain fog!
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 5:46 AM   #41
Established Member

i thought i had been banned and blocked.......deleted ...yep i have abandonment issues...so i went into my dns server thingie on command prompt....and stuffed with it and wrote poetry...im sorry to hear about tony i hope he recovers fast....deb

Last edited by todreaminblue; 8th December 2017 at 6:09 AM..
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 4:53 PM   #42
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwayisup View Post

I noticed something odd a few days ago, googling LS the site name came up but also had a book name before loveshack.org. Wish I could remember what it said! Should've written it down.. Brain fog!
I tried to reproduce this on Bing and Google and was unable to. The site comes up first when using Loveshack.org as the search term and no books that I could see and, if just using the word Loveshack, the B52's song comes up first and the site 2nd or 3rd under that. I didn't see any books or references to books, though there was reference to other sites or reviews in the search results down the list.

If you can remember what it was, let us know. Maybe Paul's doing a book.
William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 4:56 PM   #43
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by todreaminblue View Post
i thought i had been banned and blocked.......deleted ...yep i have abandonment issues...so i went into my dns server thingie on command prompt....and stuffed with it and wrote poetry...im sorry to hear about tony i hope he recovers fast....deb
Ha, no, no worries Deb, we're a lot friendlier than some sites about that and will always contact a member or give them a clear reason for lack of access to the site and moderation can never block the member's access to view the site when not logged in. Only Paul can do that and, save for fixing things like this outage, he's never around. You're good to go and sorry for the interruption!
William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 6:47 PM   #44
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwayisup View Post
Is it called The Love Shack?

Nah, that's probably too obvious....
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 7:04 PM   #45
Established Member

I know what WWIU is talking about, but I can't remember the book either, although I'm thinking the author may have been something Kirby.
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote