LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Increase time before I'm logged out?

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th November 2017, 8:43 PM   #1
Established Member

Increase time before I'm logged out?

Is there any way to extend the time it takes before I'm logged out automatically? I find it's a bit too fast. If I take my time reading several threads before carrying out an action, I have to log back in again. I had a look in the settings but didn't spot anything.
sdraw108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2017, 9:53 PM   #2
Established Member

I'm not a mod, but I never get logged out....? (On a laptop using Chrome)
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 4:42 PM   #3
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

As far as I am aware this is not something that can be changed on LS either by members or by us as Mods.

How fast are you being logged out? There have been many times when my account has stayed logged in for hours. Both my personal account and as a moderator. The Mod account does get logged out occasionally but I have always attributed that to sharing the account with two other mods often at the same time. ~T
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2017, 2:32 AM   #4
Established Member

If I click on the 'keep me logged in' or 'remember me' box or whatever it's called when I log in I don't get logged out.
GemmaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2017, 7:03 PM   #5
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Since one of our other moderators has chimed in I'll only add that I've been moderating the forum for over 5 years and, as long as I have cookies set to expire when the site expires them and check the remain logged in box when logging in, the site generally never logs me out. I've sometimes moderated from my phone and have gone a year or more between accesses and a bookmarked moderation page comes up without any log-in prompt.

Usually, in my experience advising members and assisting with this type of issue, it's browser cookie permissions and/or security settings which cause the problem.
William is offline   Reply With Quote