LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Premium subscription - including payment problems

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2017, 9:43 AM   #46
Established Member

Glad to see that LoveShack is back up and operating this morning! I'm sorry to report, however, that the PayPal problem remains unfixed.
Downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2017, 12:02 PM   #47
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Thanks for the report. I was going to check that. My only conclusion is that it's purposeful. I have no idea why. Paypal is so easy to integrate into web sites and the owner here is really smart when it comes to the electronic medium based on past conversations with him on the mechanics of the forum software.

Hope I'm wrong but purposely shut off is my conclusion at this point. Sorry.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 4:13 AM   #48
Established Member

Regarding Subscriptions

So, it's been somewhat close to a year now since the subscriptions service started acting up. I was just wondering if the issue had been resolved, raised or still in a case of fixing?

Is there any way to contact the owner of the site, or transition the site to an IPB forum? (if that's even possible for an old-school forum like this)

All these ads are getting incredibly annoying
DarrenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 4:49 AM   #49
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/gene...ml#post7481247
Old 25th January 2018, 1:57 PM   #50
Established Member

William...

I'm trying to get access to the PM (Private Messaging) system. I am under the impression that I need a Premium Subscription for that, which is fine.

The problem is I keep getting an error when I try to use Paypal. Can you grant me access to the PM system. I promise to pay when you get the Paypal situation resolved.

Please & Thank you.

Happy Lemming
Old 25th January 2018, 2:06 PM   #51
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Software thing:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/gene...ivate-messages
Old 25th January 2018, 2:07 PM   #52
Established Member

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shopp..._6b3f59aded13f

This is the message I just received when I tried to pay for another year's subscription. It seems that PayPal here hasn't been updated since 2016.

No wonder why it won't work.
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 2:10 PM   #53
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

We've been down this road many times and everything is listed right here in the linked thread and moderation keeps it as current as we can and track sightings of Paul privately. If he doesn't want to fix it, it's not going to get fixed and that's his prerogative as the owner of the forum. I trust he has his reasons.
Old 25th January 2018, 2:30 PM   #54
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lemming View Post
William...

I'm trying to get access to the PM (Private Messaging) system. I am under the impression that I need a Premium Subscription for that, which is fine.

The problem is I keep getting an error when I try to use Paypal. Can you grant me access to the PM system. I promise to pay when you get the Paypal situation resolved.

Please & Thank you.

Happy Lemming
You registered on 6th january. From 6th, february you will be able to PM everybody. Make sure its important because we don't want to be bothered by trivial stuff.
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 11:34 PM   #55
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

We've been down this road many times and everything is listed right here in the linked thread and moderation keeps it as current as we can and track sightings of Paul privately. If he doesn't want to fix it, it's not going to get fixed and that's his prerogative as the owner of the forum. I trust he has his reasons.
That's unfortunate, and it is a shame whatever reason he has for not resolving the problem.

At the very least if it's possible, the subscription feature/s should be removed entirely, this would save more inquiries and more reiteration in the future.
DarrenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 11:40 PM   #56
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanex View Post
You registered on 6th january. From 6th, february you will be able to PM everybody. Make sure its important because we don't want to be bothered by trivial stuff.

im the trivia buff..i enjoy the trivial.....and the deep waters of philosophy..so pm me lemming anytime when you are able
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 11:40 PM   #57
Established Member

People pay to use this free site?
igotoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2018, 11:17 AM   #58
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Yes, in the past, similar to how viewers donate to YouTube channel owners and other forums they might like/enjoy/benefit from, Paul set up a subscription program over a decade ago for people who wished to do the same and offered some benefits for that small donation. I was an annual subscriber when Paul selected the new round of moderators. When he did so he modified the accounts so we'd have essentially permanent subscriptions, I believe expiring in 2037.

The main benefit for new members is immediate access to the PM system and a larger PM box, 250 messages, as well as, for those who don't know how to use ad-blockers, loss of ads.

Paul has done a lot of custom backend work here that I haven't seen moderating other forums and apparently makes his living in the IT world so if he wants it fixed it'd be done in shorter time than it takes me to type this. He has total control over the software so questions like asking us to 'shut it off' or remove it fall on deaf ears because what you see is what he wants regardless of what moderation may like or want. That's why there are six moderators using two names, because he never added named moderators and Robert and I needed help so we did it on our own. Unfortunately we can't fix the software. Robert is really sharp with that but doesn't have access.

That's it for now. We'll update if anything changes.

ETA, I merged this newer content into the past thread running on subscriptions so if Paul stops by and reads he'll see it all in one place.

Last edited by William; 26th January 2018 at 11:20 AM..