LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Why do you merge threads when the topics are completely different?

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th January 2017, 2:11 PM   #1
Established Member

Why do you merge threads when the topics are completely different?

three of my threads have merged into one, all three had NOTHING to do with each other, except it was about my relationship.

You realize that now I wont get any answers to my second and third thread, because all of the responses were merged into the first thread, right?

This is so confusing, I really have no clue who is doing this, but it's not fair and it's just 'merging done wrong' at its best.

Please, can you undo that, or at least stop doing it?

But the way things have been going on loveshack for me, this will also be merged into the thread about my relationship.

i mean, if i start writing about a different issue with a different person now, will you continue to merge?

will i have to make up stories about a different person just so my questions regarding my dating life are not going to be merged together, where nobody will know what question to answer anymore?

this is ridiculous and I am really upset. i came here because i thought this site would be helpful for me in my dating life, and instead, all my questions get buried in ONE thread, where NO ONE can see them.
heavenonearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2017, 3:02 PM   #2
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

The policy answer is here:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/brea...kup-read-first

We had a site-wide announcement running but pulled announcements for the holidays.

The policy exists because the man who owns the forum, Paul Edelkamp, wants it that way. In the thread in question:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/brea...kup-read-first

Respondents, people who took time out of their day to respond to your questions, apparently appreciated all the content being in one location. In fact, the site owner has empowered only the starter of the thread, you, to update that thread at any time, even months or years down the road, something no other member can do, exemplifying his commitment to keeping all topical material in one cogent discussion.

I'd suggest, since you've been here, whoa, barely a week, to decide if perhaps another forum of discussion better suits your style and demeanor. Our rules won't be changing, and haven't changed for some 20 years. Thanks for the question!
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2017, 3:16 PM   #3
Established Member

My post was not about a break up?
Old 7th January 2017, 3:33 PM   #4
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

If you read that thread, and our guidelines as linked in the title bar of every page of this forum, your answer is there.

The rules apply everywhere and moderation proactively announced them in the forum most often violating them, as a public service announcement. We have no control over what members read or which rules they follow, or not.

Had you continued on with your discussion, learned the rules and not made an issue of it, you wouldn't be moderated and subject to ban after only a week. I'd suggest trying a different approach to interaction if you wish to continue here. This one isn't working. Thanks!
Old 7th January 2017, 3:48 PM   #5
Established Member

And you are being very hostile, condescending and not very welcoming. Just saying.
Old 7th January 2017, 3:51 PM   #6
Established Member

It's amazing how people can be so mean to people they don't even know. What is this world coming to?
Anyway, I am waiting out my 'ban', because I am such a terrible person.
Jeez...
Old 7th January 2017, 3:55 PM   #7
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

You're entitled to your opinion but in the end this is a private web forum operated by Paul Edelkamp and you're allowed to post here because he says so, as long as you post within our guidelines.

I'll pass your comments on to the moderators handling your case. My purpose here as the oldest moderator is to explain our guidelines.

However, I will leave this thread open, per our guidelines, to additional topical content on thread merges and continuity of topical content.
Old 7th January 2017, 4:14 PM   #8
Established Member

I just wanted a question explained and sent multiple messages, and when those were NOT answered, I posted on the forum, for which I got banned.

It's just a little bit too much, I don't understand why you couldn't just remove my post and answer my private messages.

I understand there are rules, but there really are A LOT OF rule/sticky threads for this forum, and as a first time poster, when one comes here, you don't immediately read all of that.

Hence why I think it's quite dramatic to immediately ban a new user for asking a simple question.

And again, I sent about 4 messages to the moderators and none of them got a reaction. However, my post in the 'wrong' category immediately got a flag and a response and then a ban.

That's why I am upset!
But ok, moving on.
Old 7th January 2017, 4:30 PM   #9
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

I took a look at our alert forum and there were no alerted posts or threads by yourself. The only thread currently running is one on your sanction for suggesting moderators were on a power trip. That's the one I'm updating with this content.

Apparently, when sending messages, you didn't use the 'alert us' button on your posts or those of any other member or moderation. Given the daily volume of the alert forum, that button works consistently and well.

Look for it at the lower right of any post and at the upper right of any private message. It works on private messages even if you don't have private message privileges, which you don't yet. You can still report private message content to moderation.

Nearly all of this is covered in the threads pinned at the top of the forum this question was posted in. However, for any reading, I've reiterated it for convenience.

Hence:

1. Always seek to confine content on any one relationship issue to one thread of discussion, including updates.

2. If wishing to contact moderation or report suspected inappropriate content, use the 'Alert Us' button or private message, as appropriate.

3. Moderation seeks to address issues as quickly as possible, generally within a few hours at most. All moderators are volunteers and are in no way compensated for their work so provide service as is, where is, when is.
Old 12th January 2017, 3:09 PM   #10

Mods

Can I get an explanation why two separate thread about two separate issues merged into one? How can I get responses about the specific question "Desire for spouse during A"? The respondents here will only look at the the first page of the merged thread and give me a response based on that which I don't need?
kiyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 3:14 PM   #11
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Your answer can be found above. ~6
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote