LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Spell check changing words

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th August 2016, 8:48 AM   #1
Established Member

Spell check changing words

The spell check (if on a iPhone anyway) is awful! Ill be literally looking at the word I'm typing, it's right on my phone & it completely changes once in a post. My words get changed constantly & it's really annoying. I've read others say it's bad too & then 2 seconds to realize it & try & try to change post & often can't.

The policy on changing a post wouldnt be so bad if the spellcheck wasn't changing what one is typing...it's the worst I've seen on a website
Whoknew30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2016, 10:03 AM   #2
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately for you, LoveShack.org has no spellcheck native to the bulletin board. That feature resides on one's browser or access portal. You should be able to shut off any spellchecking from your end.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2016, 11:01 AM   #3
Established Member

Spellcheck is an abomination. Disable it.
doyathinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2016, 12:16 PM   #4
Established Member

I was going to post something like "Spellcheck is the spawn of the devil, formulated by evil people" but thought that might be a little overdramatic. But it's a horrible thing. Horrible.
Old 13th August 2016, 1:02 PM   #5
Established Member

I think it can be very entertaining at times. Someone wrote on here recently asking if some person had made any "apparitions" in their life or sth like that.
jen1447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 7:40 AM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately for you, LoveShack.org has no spellcheck native to the bulletin board. That feature resides on one's browser or access portal. You should be able to shut off any spellchecking from your end.
It's been disabled on my phone for the last year. That's why I can't figure why it's only on this website. Only this site, every time I'm on.
Whoknew30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 10:27 AM   #7
Established Member

I use the WSYiWYG reply box here to reply and just checked with Safari and deliberately mispelled a word and Safari underlined it as misspelled so I control-clicked on the word and it offered me some ideas on spelling as well as the option to shut spell-check off under an 'options' item. Once unchecked, I can now misspeell to my harts contint.

People on phones may not have the same options, IDK.