Do You Guys Tell Your Partners You Are Posting Questions On Them On Ls????

Just out of curiousity... :cool:

do any of you people tell your bf/gf/lovers/spouses/etc about the questions you post on Love Shack? :eek:

if you have a question regarding their behavior that is somewhat negative and personal, how do you think they would react if you showed them what you posted on here for the world to see? :(

Just wondering for a general discussion. :bunny:

I tell my bf everything I write about. I also either tell him or let him read the replys.

The LS not only helps me with my relationship problems, but help him as well.

wildanduntamed

My fiance and I are very open with each other, and we usually do tell each other everything, yes. However, being that close to somebody, usually gives the indication that there is no problem with letting them know. My view on it is that I have friends that I still share these issues with , as does he, and we get advice, however, if you are going to post something on the internet, you've got to be willing to accept it if your other half does happen upon it. There is no problem with using LS to attain extra viewpoints on issues, but in my opinion, I think you should be open with why you come to Shack, that way, you'll avoid any negatives later on, and your other half will understand, so long as you are open with them first. Be honest with him that you have the concerns, let him know that you do check such forums, and use the advice you get to have a mature and logical discussion, rather than a petty argument about the issue and the fact that you are seeking input from others. this can save a lot of strain on both of you in the long run...just be honest. Remember, honesty is the best policy!

To echo Maria's point, it may help him as well as you! Could be good for the relationship.

Hope it goes well for you!

:Merin looks both ways:

N :laugh: he doesn't know.

Would I tell him.. N :eek: I wouldn't.

Why.. because I think this is something I need to do for me and when I'm feeling a little wiggy about things sometimes I just need someone with some reason that isn't close to the situation to make me look at things differently.

I've posted about a couple girls on this site but have never told them about it. The way I see it, the second I tell a gf about posting on this site, I then lose it as a viable resource. If they found it on their own, that's fine, but I wouldn't say anything myself. Also, everything I've ever posted as a concern I've also brought up to the ex in question as something that has bothered me. Posting on LS mainly serves as a sanity check for me, offers fresh perspectives, and is a way to get some support from some kicka$$ people.

I do admit, however, I've seriously considered sending my most recent ex an email containing links to everything I've ever posted about her. (Man, where's the evil smiley on this board? :laugh: )

do any of you people tell your bf/gf/lovers/spouses/etc about the questions you post on Love Shack? :eek:

I tell my husband about some of the discussions I have here. I don't post many questions regarding my personal life. I think my last two posts had to do with racism and smelling smoke.

if you have a question regarding their behavior that is somewhat negative and personal, how do you think they would react if you showed them what you posted on here for the world to see? :(

I doubt my husband would want to read anything I wrote here. He thinks I'm silly for posting on an online board. He keeps showing me a picture that reads something to the affect, "Debating online is stupid. Even if you "win" you're still retarded". It makes me laugh. :laugh:

• Author

wow! a vast majority of you have your significant others knowing about your posts! omg! that 's amazing. for me, I view this as my private outlet to discuss my problems, even minor ones for the sake of it. think my fiance would hit the ceiling if he found out i was discussing our personal problems on the net.

startingover1028
Originally posted by katie79

I view this as my private outlet to discuss my problems, even minor ones for the sake of it.

I agree. I would have thought that we were all here because of a lack of someone else that you'd want to discuss these issues with. I would certainly doubt that any of the OM/MM OW/MW posters are talking at home.

No I do not. I feel that this place would stop helping me so much if he knew about it. I do bring up some subjects that I may read on here but I do not tell him where I read it. LS is my most pleasurable secret!!! :love:

I don't tell my SO. In fact, I never thought about how much it would help my relationship if we were able to read the replies to my posts & other peoples posts together. We both could see things in a different light.

Originally posted by Merin

:Merin looks both ways:

N :laugh: he doesn't know.

Would I tell him.. N :eek: I wouldn't.

Why.. because I think this is something I need to do for me and when I'm feeling a little wiggy about things sometimes I just need someone with some reason that isn't close to the situation to make me look at things differently.

NO! I would not want him to read my insecure rantings here or elsewhere. This is the place I come to bounce things off of people so I don't drive him nuts with it. Sometimes I am going to say things that aren't nice, or fair, or.... nice. And I don't want him reading that.

No, No, No Way!

If you tell him, then you wount be able to be open and honest whenever you have to write about him.

Do not close that door on you. This site should be there for YOU to help YOU view things from other prospectives, for you to get advice from others who are out of the situation.

I've found that I have other people with which I can vent with and bounce things off of... but LS usually gives me good, solid advice and different opinions that are helpful to my situation and I'd like to share with him. I think if it were my *only* outlet, I'd want to keep it private. Anyway, it may be too late to share it with him now, but I'll remember that for future problems...

• Author

yeah...my fiance is not exactly too into computers/internet/chat/message boards/etc/

But still, I would never inform him about this.

I posted this just out of general curiosity...thanks for all your replies people!!

I told my BF once (last year) that I was seeking advice online and he said to me: " I wipe my A** with what they have to say.

He was a jerk and I dumped him after all.

I don't really seek advice... I seek confirmation. If my DBF came to me and said 'I asked some people online this, and they said that', I'd probably have the same response. However, if he said, I think this, and I've checked some sources, even online, and they confirm that, I'd be more apt to have a good reaction.

This board is just some folks on the internet and I could give a care what some folks on the internet say. But if the folks on the internet can confirm a proven and researched point, I am willing to listen.

i met the person i have the most things to post about right here on the shack.

so yeah, he knows all about it.

i've posted about him and answered other people's questions in ways he knows refer to him and it's all cool.