Kudos to Love Shack

Though I have been a bit of a problem member, :) I have grown to appreciate what is being done here at LS. Also, the internet is a crazy place and I do understand the difficulties in moderating a forum like this. I also realize that there are limits to what can be done. It is still the internet.

Beyond the relationship and related discussions, which can clearly be helpful to people, I am most interested in the free expression of sexuality and desires that are allowed in some sub forums. I have always lived on the cutting edge and am most curious about and fascinated with social trends and influences. There is no doubt that we are again experiencing a sexual revolution of unprecedented scale and magnitude.

With the internet, standards are changing quickly and not all in a good way. But places like LS are helping human sexuality to come out of the closet in what I perceive to be a healthy way. I am often amazed by the frankness and candor of members who discuss tremendously intimate subjects. These sorts of discussions were NEVER heard when I was much younger. And there is no advantage to ignorance. In some ways I have learned more about women here than I did during over 30 years of dating and marriage.

For a wide variety of reasons we [many or most of us] have been conditioned to fear and distort our own desires and needs. But now the blinders are off and I think we will begin to come to terms with our drives and accept ourselves for what we are. I think the roles of both men and women will be redefined and our concept of marriage and relationships will rapidly evolve. And I think LS is helping that to happen by allowing people to discuss their desires and feelings honestly, without fear, and of course, anonymously.

Before she died I told my 80 year old mother all about LS. Like me, she was fascinated and amazed by all of this.

I wanted to say something before I get ticked off about something and end up getting banned permanently. :laugh:

Edited by Robert Z
  • Like 2