LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Is the word ' ' stripped from message titles?

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2013, 1:19 PM   #1
Established Member

Is the word ' ' stripped from message titles?

Because every time I see a message title that doesn't quite read correctly, it's because the word "help" seems to be missing - eg, "how can I help her heal" would become "how can I her heal" ........ or....... "need some help with this guy" would become "need some with this guy".

Or am I going mad.

edit - apparently it is, it's stripped it from this thread title!
Mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2013, 2:16 PM   #2
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

There are certain words that the site owner doesn't allow in subject lines, the reasoning is pretty simple in that it promotes distinctive subject titles and separates the threads by those distinctive titles.

If every title was Help! then all the threads would look exactly the same and the forums would be hard to navigate.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 1:01 PM   #3
Established Member

Well yes, if it was just a single word thread title. But as per the examples I gave, it makes a lot of thread titles not make sense doesn't it. That's not quite the same as suggesting people should be able to title every thread with the single word "help!", but whatever.
Mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 1:19 PM   #4
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Members have the opportunity to edit thread titles after posting if the thread has not yet received responses. Try using the 'advanced edit' function. Members are welcomed to post test threads in our testing forum to better understand the forum's features and functions. In fact, there apparently is a thread in that forum on this topic right now.

As the site owner is in charge of such matters and is rarely seen here and things haven't changed in many years, I would presume that this status-quo will continue, and members and moderation will necessarily work with what we're provided.

Thanks for the question.
William is offline   Reply With Quote