LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Being Able to Make Journal Entries?

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd August 2013, 2:25 PM   #1
Established Member

Being Able to Make Journal Entries?

Hi,

I was just wondering when I'll be able to make Journal entries. I now have access to PMs, so I figured I'd also have access to a Journal. Apparently, I don't. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Old 3rd August 2013, 3:13 PM   #2
Established Member

Only the premium subscribers can make journal entries.
Old 3rd August 2013, 3:25 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
Only the premium subscribers can make journal entries.
Ah, I see. I've heard tell that Premium membership is about $2. If that's a single payment, that's more than a fair deal. But if it's a monthly payment...well, I'm not exactly the credit card holder.

Thanks for the reply, Pyro.
Rebel-Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 3:27 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel-Dynasty View Post
Ah, I see. I've heard tell that Premium membership is about $2. If that's a single payment, that's more than a fair deal. But if it's a monthly payment...well, I'm not exactly the credit card holder.

Thanks for the reply, Pyro.
Last I recall you can pay for either 6 months or 1 year at a time, and you can use paypal instead of a credit card.

Welcome.
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 3:59 PM   #5
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Subscribing members have journal access as one perk of their subscription.

Currently, one year (24.95) is the longest period which can be paid for in advance. Paypal accepts a number of different payment sources for funding, so a credit card isn't necessary.

As an advisory, journals entered while subscribed remain persistent if/when one unsubscribes, though the ability to pen additions are ended when one's subscription ends. One advantage of journals is the member can edit and delete at any time, in addition to controlling comments.

I noted recently, when a journal entry was alerted upon to report spam in the comments area, moderation could infract and ban the commenter but could not delete the comment, supporting the journal entrant's control over the comments area.

Thanks for the question.

Last edited by William; 3rd August 2013 at 4:48 PM..
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 4:36 PM   #6
Established Member

Thanks for the answers, William. Perhaps I will look into getting a Paypal account.

If I do, and I make journal entries, I will use the utmost discretion.
Rebel-Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 1:28 AM   #7
Established Member

Speaking of journals, I have a question. Can the journal author see who visits their journal even if the visitor doesn't leave a comment?

Thanks!
Old 4th August 2013, 3:20 AM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Red View Post
Speaking of journals, I have a question. Can the journal author see who visits their journal even if the visitor doesn't leave a comment?

Thanks!
Back when I had the subscription I was not able to see. Perhaps things have changed.
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 10:20 PM   #9
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

To my knowledge, identities of viewers are invisible to the author.
William is offline   Reply With Quote