LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Disappearing posts.

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th July 2013, 3:00 PM   #1

Disappearing posts.

Hmm, I was reading a thread that I posted in and noticed that a couple of posts I made were deleted with no explanation why.

I can only assume that the mod who deleted the posts found them to be objectionable for some reason and made a personal decision.

Is it within a moderators power to delete a post when it is not going against any of the guidelines and it is on topic, just because said mod does not agree with the content?
Old 28th July 2013, 6:22 AM   #2
Established Member

In my experience it's best when it's deleted without an explanation. Explanation usually means infraction so I'd just quietly go about my business if I were you.
Old 28th July 2013, 6:28 AM   #3
Established Member

IME when that happens it's usually because your post was following an off-topic offshoot, but you didn't start it. So you don't get an infraction, but everything following the initial offshoot was deleted.
Old 28th July 2013, 6:32 AM   #4
Established Member

I suppose I don't get the emotional attachment to posts. If they are deleted, they are deleted, it's not like that happens very often or without a reason.
Old 28th July 2013, 11:47 AM   #5
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

I would hazard a guess that we delete between 100-200 posts per day, not counting spam. Most are deleted because they were reported but we deemed them not to be infraction-worthy. Others are deleted because they are responses to deleted posts and/or banned members, to retain continuity.

In your specific case, the postings recently deleted were, variously, not addressing the topic, along with happening to be responses to a member who was moderated and then banned.

As stated in numerous responses in this forum, once submitted, the site owner controls postings on LoveShack and moderation carries out his edicts as to their handling. If he directs us to explain each individual handling of submissions to the membership, we'll do so, presuming we get paid. I certainly won't do that for free. Thanks for the question.