LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Quoting Posts

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st December 2008, 8:47 PM   #61
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
I guess I will try.

When you want to include more than one post in your reply, then you click on the icon that looks like a page or letter and has a quotations mark and a plus sign on it. Then you click on the next one you want. When you have clicked all the ones you want, then click the Post Reply button at the bottom left of the page.
I got this post separated by inserting the quote (clicking the post button and deleting the first quote in brackets). Important to delete the correct one and do not delete part of the other one. Else you will have the post show up incorrectly. See below example.

When you click the quote button you get [QUOTE][./QUOTE] without the period in the second bracketed quote. Deleting the first bracket is for an end of quote. Deleting the second bracket is for when you want to start a quote.

Quote:
This will bring up the Reply to Thread box.
Then I split this sentence out and highlighted it. After that I clicked on the quote button. That is how I separated the one quote into several quotes.

Quote:
If there are parts of the posts quoted that you do not want, then delete the words you don't want. To make a space between the quotes, press enter.

Questions?
Here I inserted the quote in front of the paragraph. I clicked the quote button and deleted the second quote in brackets.

Note...if you do not delete the quote in brackets properly, you will see your post look like the one below.

[QUOTE]If there are parts of the posts quoted that you do not want, then delete the words you don't want. To make a space between the quotes, press enter.

Questions? /QUOTE]

I don't know how to pick one or two sentences from a post and quoting it without deleting what is not wanted.

Does this answer your questions?

Last edited by JamesM; 31st December 2008 at 8:50 PM..
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 9:06 PM   #62
Established Member

You can do this by hand. The button that looks like a word bubble just does it automatically. To do it yourself, all you need is to type [ quote ] before the text and [ /quote ] after the text (without including the spaces.)

Quote:
And it will look like this.
To do it automatically, highlight the text you want to quote and then press the world bubble button. This will insert the code you see above, and the text will be quoted.
Storyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2009, 9:22 AM   #63
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyrider View Post

To do it automatically, highlight the text you want to quote and then press the world bubble button. This will insert the code you see above, and the text will be quoted.

OK. this is a test. I really need to learn how to do this in the new year.
Old 1st January 2009, 3:47 PM   #64
Established Member

Mea, when you quote a post, there are quote tags, as mentioned by everyone else. Another way is to delete the opening and closing quote tags, break down the post into the sections you want. Left click and grab each section until it's highlighted, then click on the quote bubble just above the box. It looks like a little square cartoon bubble for text.

Do this per individual section. Then put your responses after the last [/quote] tag of each section.
Trialbyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 1:05 AM   #65
Established Member

Everyone is saying the same thing now, but no one is really answering the question.

Can we highlight a portion of a post and quote just that portion WITHOUT having to delete the rest of the post that we do not want?

We all know we can quote the whole post and break it up in sections, and then quote each portion.

But can we grab two sentences for example and just quote them without needing to delete the rest of the post?
Old 2nd January 2009, 2:59 AM   #66
Established Member

[nospacequote=James]can we grab two sentences for example and just quote them without needing to delete the rest of the post?[/quote]
Yes we can!

See the bolded words? Get rid of them and it will work. You copy and past them out of the original post, then add the quote tags around them.

Last edited by Trialbyfire; 2nd January 2009 at 3:01 AM..
Old 2nd January 2009, 10:29 AM   #67
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trialbyfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
can we grab two sentences for example and just quote them without needing to delete the rest of the post?
Yes we can!

See the bolded words? Get rid of them and it will work. You copy and past them out of the original post, then add the quote tags around them.
I got rid of the bolded words so I could quote you.

Yes, but I think Mea wants to have the [QUOTE=Trialbyfire;1980936] with the person's name at the beginning.

But good point...we can do it the way you mentioned.
Old 2nd January 2009, 12:37 PM   #68
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
I got rid of the bolded words so I could quote you.

Yes, but I think Mea wants to have the [nspacequote=Trialbyfire;1980936] with the person's name at the beginning.

But good point...we can do it the way you mentioned.
It works!

All Mea has to do is to type the "=" and the user name, within the opening quote tag of each section that she wants it to show. The semi-colon and numbers that follow the user name are meaningless.

[Nospace QUOTE=MetypingAPoliteInquiry]Hi Mea and James, how are you today?[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetypingAPoliteInquiry
Hi Mea and James, how are you today?
Old 4th January 2009, 11:21 PM   #69
dnm
Established Member

I've been trying to figure out how to do this for a quite a while. lol
dnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 12:37 AM   #70
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laRubiaBonita View Post
the little page with quotes and a plus, you click it and make it a minus for the posts you want.

then hit the left side quote and VOILA!
it still attaches the whole post instead of just a portion that i highlight. grrrrr

i can't get this stupid thing to only choose a portion of a post to quote.

what am i doing wrong?
2sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 12:41 AM   #71
Established Member

Quote:
what am i doing wrong?
Don't use the quote button. Just highlight from the original post, copy and paste into your reply box. Then wrap with the quote tags.
Old 5th January 2009, 12:58 AM   #72

Quote:
i can't get this stupid thing to only choose a portion of a post to quote.
Like this Sunny? Is that what you meant?
Touche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 1:06 AM   #73
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche View Post
Like this Sunny? Is that what you meant?
yep, but how do you do that when you only want a portion of the post?

and how do i do that where it still shows the poster in the quote?
2sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 1:10 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunny View Post
yep, but how do you do that when you only want a portion of the post?

That was only a portion of your whole post. All I did was highlight that section, right click, copy, then post reply, then click the comic strip yellow bubble thing at the top, then right click to paste in between the two quote things that show up..try that
Old 5th January 2009, 1:13 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunny View Post

click the quote sign and then reply and then just delete the parts you don't want. Maybe there's another way but that's how i do it.