LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Quoting Posts...

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th April 2007, 6:06 PM   #1
Established Member

Quoting Posts...

This may be a really dumb question but I need an advanced lesson on using the quote and multi quote feature.

I don't know how to make it look right .

Also "Wrap quote" and "Wrap code" tags? What is it? How do you do it?
Please help me, I don't understand the intructions in the LS "Faq".
Its not very detailed and I'm not the brightest crayon in the box

Are the nice looking "quotes" a subscription feature?

Am I asking LS "Top Secret" information?
nittygritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 8:26 AM   #2
Established Member

Location: Bird in Hand, PA (very near Intercourse and Paradise)
If you want to reply to a post and quote a SINGLE post use the QUOTE button. This will repost the post with the quote tags and then you add your comment or comments. Realize that you are able to edit the original post, so if you use QUOTE it will take the entire post. You can edit it down to a sentence to make your point.

On the multi quote. That is the little icon with a paper and the quote mark and the + symbol. As you read a thread, if you want to reply to a post, click that, and continue reading. See another? Click it again. When you are all done and ready to make your reply, click POST REPLY and it will put all your quotes in the window for you. THis is sort of like a clipboard feature.

The Wrap Quote Tags Icon, the Balloon looking thing, is if you want to past something in from another source--maybe you copied and pasted a joke, or from another board. You simply insert your text between the two tags. THe opening tag is the straight bracket [ followed by the word quote and another straight bracket ]. Your text goes here and then you close it with the straightr bracket [ followed by a / and then the word quote and finally the straight bracket ] It will look like this:
Quote:
Here is a sample of an inserted Quote Tag
Adick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 8:28 AM   #3
Established Member

Location: Bird in Hand, PA (very near Intercourse and Paradise)
This is how I did a multi quote. I clicked on the multi quote on your post and my reply. Now I am gonna edit out some of the stuff you put in the first one. I deleted all the stuff that i wanted but made sure I left the quote tages in place

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittygritty View Post
This may be a really dumb question but I need an advanced lesson on using the quote and multi quote feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adick View Post
If you want to reply to a post and quote a SINGLE post use the QUOTE button. This will repost the post with the quote tags and then you add your comment or comments. Realize that you are able to edit the original post, so if you use QUOTE it will take the entire post. You can edit it down to a sentence to make your point.

On the multi quote. That is the little icon with a paper and the quote mark and the + symbol. As you read a thread, if you want to reply to a post, click that, and continue reading. See another? Click it again. When you are all done and ready to make your reply, click POST REPLY and it will put all your quotes in the window for you. THis is sort of like a clipboard feature.

The Wrap Quote Tags Icon, the Balloon looking thing, is if you want to past something in from another source--maybe you copied and pasted a joke, or from another board. You simply insert your text between the two tags. THe opening tag is the straight bracket [ followed by the word quote and another straight bracket ]. Your text goes here and then you close it with the straightr bracket [ followed by a / and then the word quote and finally the straight bracket ] It will look like this:
Adick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 9:52 PM   #4
Established Member

Thank you very much Adick.

I really appreciate the time you took explaining that.

I will try it.

Thanks Again
nittygritty is offline   Reply With Quote